So what do you add to your Oatmeal...

Options
jlclabo
jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
pretty simple, just looking for some new ideas. i use the quaker 1 minute oats and add 2 tbsp of pb2 chocolate, 1 tbsp cinnamon, and a couple packs of that aspartame just because it can kill me, lol...... livin life on the edge, lol

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Nothing, i've learned to love the taste of the oatmeal itself. I used to add brown sugar while the oatmeal was hot, and let it sit for a few minutes. Delicious. Cinnamon is good too
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Blended apple and cinnamon and brown sugar. Tastes way better than packaged.
  • aplatt41
    aplatt41 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    walnuts and apple's cut up Yum
  • kashrich
    kashrich Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    swap the sugar or aspartme for a handful of juicy raisins, a 1/4 banana sliced, 2 table spoons of greek 0% fat yogurt sprinkled with cinamon. Yum
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    After I nuke mine (also live on the edge) I throw in frozen blueberries (they thaw quick) and honey and mix it around. I eat this with a side of greek yogurt. I like it as my pre-workout meal.
  • ianthamfyolek
    ianthamfyolek Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I add 1/2 tbsp of honey and a cup of unsweetened frozen mixed berries to hot oatmeal. The honey is just enough to sweeten it a touch and the mixed berries melt as you mix them into the hot oatmeal and the resulting juices kind of turn into a sweet syrup...

It's delicious.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Protein powder! My favorite is Trutein's cinnabun.

Sometimes I'll add apple slices and cinnamon. Or canned pumpkin and nutmeg~
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The version I eat most often is making it with a mix of almond milk and regular milk, then mixing in ground flax seed, chocolate protein powder and a banana. The other version is the same except I add the flax, vanilla powder and dried cranberries.
  • BlackandWhitePhotoOp
    Options
    Any kind of nuts, berries, apples, sometimes honey. :bigsmile:
  • nikibean123
    nikibean123 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Honey and a banana!
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I stir in peanut butter, slice up a banana over top and drizzle with a tablespoon of honey. It's oatmeal that Elvis would be proud of.
  • Kimirae40
    Kimirae40 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use plain oatmeal and add flaxseeds and cinnamon.
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    HONEY
  • TeamParks
    Options
    Bananas and honey.
  • RLeighP
    RLeighP Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I usually use packaged oatmeal (gasp) and add a drizzle of honey and about a tbsp of whipping cream. Pair that with a coffee or some fruit. Keeps me full!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Not much of a sweet person - chicken or pork - bouillon, nuke it 1 minute and bam - savory oatmeal for you there!
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    PB, Honey, Cinnamon, walnuts, 2 scoops of whey protein. It's huge, when I make it I use a 12 cup glass measuring cup with a lid and roughly 150 grams quick oat's.
  • bethanyde
    bethanyde Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Chopped ripe banana, cinnamon. cooked in the oatmeal, then, chopped apples and 2 tablesspoons of chopped walnuts on top of the cooked oatmeal. Not to low calorie but really good.
  • Kollane
    Kollane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Dried coconut crumbs with cinnamon or brown sugar.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Nothing, i've learned to love the taste of the oatmeal itself. I used to add brown sugar while the oatmeal was hot, and let it sit for a few minutes. Delicious. Cinnamon is good too

Same here I will add some fate 2 percent for the protein and it gives it a different flavor Only I make steel cuts make a huge pot twice a week and split it into 2 serving containers to go. Micorwaves real nice a much better texture than instant.