Where my Runners At?

Options
If you love miles on pavement or trails, cruising in "the zone", making nurses nervous with your low heart rate, wearing out shoes like nobody's business, and turning up the last half mile for a competitor sprint, let me hear you!

What do you love, what do you hate (sometimes these overlap!). Let's talk Run-Love.

Replies

• tegalicious
    Options
    Here! Checking in! Love: it all! The soreness, the wind in my hair, the challenge, the vast improvement I have made, the never ending goals, the bad runs, the good runs, and the I am a freakin gazelle running in the plains runs, I love it all! Hate: missing a run :(
  • KB5711
    KB5711 Posts: 21
    Options
    I love the races! It seems like I have one every weekend in the summer! I love getting faster (and occasionally placing in my age group if I'm lucky!)! My goal this year is to PR my pre-babies 5K time, half-marathon time and sprint tri time :) I hate the winter and running on the dreadmill :(
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I love it all!!! Mostly I love finishing races! I love the fact I can do more today than I did yesterday. Feeling like I started and finished something, even though I will run again another day. Mostly I love the new stranger family I have!!!

I hate hearing "you should power walk instead of running because running is horrible for your knees."

My knees are in better shape since I started running then they ever were sitting my *kitten* on the couch!
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Running, I love it....the mud, the hills (specially downhill lol), the people and wildlife I see along the way, how it makes me feel and how it clears my head.......its freedom
    I hate missing a run, I hate getting injured (usually rugby related) and I hate roads. I also hate that I can't have a long sunday run when I've got a rugby match (why can't my body do both in one day lol)
    If I can't run or cycle or play rugby I become the mardiest git around
  • Jenn842512
    Jenn842512 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love love races, always my fastest times. Just PRd on the first at 22:17. Won my age group. I live in a small community so maybe big fish little pond syndrome but it certainly boosts the ego.
  • Jenn842512
    Options
    Plus power walking just looks silly :)

Also, NEVER call us a "jogger"...
  • Jenn842512
    Options
    Rugby! Hardcore!

I totally agree on the sights aspect of running, the other day it was a lady walking her ferret. Christmas time, the lights at night were awesome.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Plus power walking just looks silly :)

Also, NEVER call us a "jogger"...

LOL, this doesn't bother me. generally people who are calling me a jogger are only running to the bathroom during commercial breaks anyways, who cares what they think?

Call me what you want, just don't call me late for a race!!! Or dinner for that matter!
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Love: just about everything related to running. Fresh air...sweat...competing with myself (and other gals my age)...admiring other runners...RACING!!!....feeling powerful.

Hate: blisters and cold rain
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love to get out of my head for an hour where all I have to think about is my breathing and avoid traffic!
  • nessa2BFit
    nessa2BFit Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    love losing myself in my run, the amazing way i feel after, and most of all doing something i always said i couldn't do!
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    I got my very first 10K in March and my very first half marathon in April. Training for that is making me feel awesome!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i love races - i love the competitive rush i get at the end just before crossing the finish line. i love the freedom of running nothing but me, my sneaks and the ground. no one *****ing, no one complaining, nothing but pure silence. i love the feeling of being part of something but on my own. i love the only person i want to beat more than anything is myself. i love getting my finisher's medal. i love the cheering and high fives and encouraging shot outs during a race. i love how a complete stranger can give you the metal push you need to keep moving during a difficult race. i love how everyone comes together to support one another during difficult times.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I simply love it! In the early morning, outdoors, breathing fresh air, seeing the sun come up, heart and legs pumping, and a huge grin on my face. Yes, I enjoy this:bigsmile:
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I love running in the moonlight, especially in the morning. I love starting out in the dark and finishing up to a glorious sunrise. I love pounding the pavement in the freshly failing snow. I love running in new places when visiting family or friends or on vacation. I love occasionally leaving my Garmin and iPod behind and just going with no goal in mind.

I hate really windy days!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love running! Love the feeling I get, the peacefulness and the freedom and nature!
  • Fridaklo77
    Options
    I love to see the birds flying, the cats roaming the neighborhood, the way my legs feel... Most of all the way I feel after, it feels so good.
  • EEfromJersey
    EEfromJersey Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've always had a love/hate relationship with running and pretty much have run all my life at times on/off last January I returned to it after burning out and a 8yr lay off before that I was at my fastest the races I was running mostly 5k and I was well under 8min miles. In the last 8yrs I would try to get back to it but failed...but...I'm back and have been running regularly for a year now raced my first 5k in Sept., was able to get 3 races in before the season ended, I'm logging all kinds of miles now 2,3,4 Friday's I do hills 5 mile run the longest I've run since coming back has been 8 miles and plan my first HM at the end of March in Philly.

Hey anyone want to friend...all runners are welcome :)

Love reading these comments
  • KB5711
    KB5711 Posts: 21
    Options
    Jenn - 22:17 is awesome! Most likely not due to a small community! I'm trying to get under 25:04 this year which was my fastest ever in 2007 so it's been awhile lol!
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I love the companionship of running with other people. It's one of the few sports where you can have a great conversation while doing it. I like the competition with myself as well -- seeing how much faster I can get, challenging myself to do things I never thought I could possibly do.