Normal weight for a size 18 Woman.

Options
123457»

Replies

• RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm - you say you've stalled in the last 6 months but have lost inches and show two photos as proof of inches lost

BUT

between those two photos you have lost at least 30lbs - your ticker says 54lbs. You stated you lost 30lbs in your first month - was that Jan 2013 - after the first photo was taken? When did you lose the next 24lbs?

Did you lose 54lbs between those two photos being taken?

Do you have any photos taken just before your stall began and now?

Oh and getting stronger =/= building muscle. :noway:

I lost 33 lbs from Jan - mid Feb. So, about a month. of 2013. Out of that 54 -- I actually had lost 63 lbs, but i reflected what was gained over Christmas and the stress I had to deal with, with my family -- Had a huge family emergency -- My sister was hit by a tractor trailer. It was horrible. Anyway, weight gained, thus now Ive only technically maintained loss of 54 lbs.

The remaining I lost after Mid-feb until about July -- then the weight loss stopped.

As for someone elses post about the 18 or the 18W -- I'm not sure, I buy an 18. It fits -- I didnt know there was a difference. 18 is and 18 to me. My top is XL or XXL. depending on the style.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think using clothes sizes as a measure is almost useless. I have clothes in my closet from size 6-16 that fit me, and some of them fit me fine 20 lbs. heavier because they're stretchy. If you really want information I'd use a measuring tape and log it all.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Check your jeans - they will say 18 or 18W. There is a big difference in my experience. That is why they have 14W and on up- they are cut way different from a regular 14!
    found this -
    16 Misses
    This is the traditional size 16, which is 3 inches larger than the fit model of a size 10. The sleeve length and bust are proportionate to the size 10 model. Many times a woman will fit almost perfectly into a 16 but the bust is too small, or the seat or waist is tight.
    16W Women's
    This size takes the standard misses and gives a little extra room in all the measurement areas. The waist, bust and seat are looser and larger by anywhere from a few centimeters to a few inches.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/info_8395958_difference-between-16w-16-misses.html#ixzz2qhcHfQ3Y
  • MrsNatashaHowe
    MrsNatashaHowe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been wondering about this myself recently. I'm 170cm and 270lbs. I am also a size 18. My weight never seems to change no matter what i do, so i have started to measure and am seeing a difference in certain areas. I have a very active job and also attend the gym atleast 3 times a week and also swimming.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    It is crazy how the same size can fit many many different body types. I am still wearing the same pant size that I was wearing when I was 30 pounds heavier! I'm only 2 sizes bigger than I was when I was 50 pounds lighter.

I was thinking the same thing. At 200lbs my size 20s are just now beginning to get a little loose around the waist.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm - you say you've stalled in the last 6 months but have lost inches and show two photos as proof of inches lost

BUT

between those two photos you have lost at least 30lbs - your ticker says 54lbs. You stated you lost 30lbs in your first month - was that Jan 2013 - after the first photo was taken? When did you lose the next 24lbs?

Did you lose 54lbs between those two photos being taken?

Do you have any photos taken just before your stall began and now?

Oh and getting stronger =/= building muscle. :noway:

I lost 33 lbs from Jan - mid Feb. So, about a month. of 2013. Out of that 54 -- I actually had lost 63 lbs, but i reflected what was gained over Christmas and the stress I had to deal with, with my family -- Had a huge family emergency -- My sister was hit by a tractor trailer. It was horrible. Anyway, weight gained, thus now Ive only technically maintained loss of 54 lbs.

The remaining I lost after Mid-feb until about July -- then the weight loss stopped.

As for someone elses post about the 18 or the 18W -- I'm not sure, I buy an 18. It fits -- I didnt know there was a difference. 18 is and 18 to me. My top is XL or XXL. depending on the style.

Sorry about your sister.

So between the two photos you've lost 54lbs.

I think several people commenting on this thread though you had lost no weight between the photos, just inches. If you have lost no weight in 6 months you are not on a deficit. You've lost 54lbs so I doubt there is a medical reason. Somewhere you are eating stuff you are not logging.

You say you've lost inches. Have you used an actual measuring tape or your clothes?
  • RAREBIRDART
    RAREBIRDART Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Most recently clothes. As i had a automatic measuring tape that I had gotten with my scale -- but the measuring tape broke. So, i need to purchase another one when I go to the store next for my quilting stuff.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    First off, in one year you have lost 54 lbs! Congratulations !!!!!!!!!! That is a huge accomplishment. You are toning your body with the workouts, be patient, continue doing what you are doing and soon your body will react. Right now it is still working hard to catch up to the "New You"