Anyone NOT count fruit?

Options
2»

Replies

• Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Fruits have natural sugar, which can add up in calories.I don't count raw non-starchy vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, etc. Or things like dill pickles.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    ???????????? ???????? WW had one year of not counting fruit---they are now back to giving fruits point values. WW really hoped that people would consume vegetables, spinach, kale, green leafy salads if these items were point free.

When people saw a banana and a choc WW dessert for similar point values, many of them NEVER chose the heathier option.

So during that year food diaries were coming in reflecting members who were eating an abundance of bananas, watermelon, grapes, peaches.......you get the picture.

Actually you are about where i am weight wise, i'd love to lose 5 to 7 pounds....but i'm not strict enough that i've actually done that. I'd like my range to be 114 to 120........so if you're seriously wanting to rid yourself of that 5 pounds, probably you'll want to count your fruit per the calories listed in our database. ???????????????????? Good Luck!
  • kempt_ken
    kempt_ken Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I count fruit and its surprising just how many calories it has.

If you didn't count it you would need to over count other foods to compensate. I'm not sure how WW factors it in.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    JW if there is anyone out there that does not track fruit when they eat it and they still lose? This is my Weight Watchers mentality and I lost 80 pounds on WW, I am just in maintenence/ wanting to lose 5 more pounds stage.....Any suggestions welcome:)

I eat in the order of 500-600 calories of fruit every day.

To put it in perspective, that's about a third of my goal.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    That is the biggest reason the WW didn't work for me. I LOVE fruit and ate too much of it on WW. Afterall, they told me it was free, no point value etc. Yup, Fruit has calories. Count 'em
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Fruit has a lot of calories. Log it!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    The apple I'm eating right now has 140 calories as well as all kinds of nutrition (it's pretty huge!) so you bet I log it. I might not measure my lettuce precisely, since 2 cups is 20 calories, but not counting fruit would be way too much slack.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I follow WW, and have never counted fruit. I lost 90 lbs and kept it off, so the zero point fruit was never a problem.

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest the reason I was overweight wasn't because I was eating too much fruit...