Going on a date with someone I'm not interested in?

Options

Replies

• bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    The last time I was honest with a guy about not being interested, he called me ugly and fat lol. I'm not too good at this.
    That's called he was butthurt.

If you were "ugly and fat", he would not be pursuing you in the first place. He reeked of rejection. Just laugh and move on.

Typos.

I did haha. It was his loss.
    TOTALLY!
    Just tell the dude you're not into him. If he wants to be friends.. Cool. That's where you draw your line.
    Don't feel bad, be blunt.

I HATE rejecting guys lol. I'll have to, though. Thanks for the advice.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    49264-Nope-gif-bq76.gif

Stop making excuses. You're not into him. Let him know, so he quits wasting his time and yours.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    49264-Nope-gif-bq76.gif

Stop making excuses. You're not into him. Let him know, so he quits wasting his time and yours.
    Had to quote.
    For the love of MLP.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Tell him "I'm sorry, I can't." And that's that.

Thread should have ended here. Say you are not interested and move on.
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I felt that same way about a guy i went to law school with. I knew he was SO into me and I just didn't feel like he was my type. I ended up marrying him and we have a baby on the way. I say go on that date, because you really never know!

^^^^^this!!!! my best guy friend used to ask me to dinner or a movie almost daily and I always rejected until one night I said okay but I picked the places we went (dollar movie but we missed it ended up going to an arcade) and here we are two years later married with a beautiful daughter. love is strange but you never know!

and yes my man (with enough persistence) made it OUT of the friendzone!
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    If you go dutch or even offer to pay, I don't see the harm. So long as you INSIST on at least half. I say this because I have dated some really awesome people by just giving them a shot. Maybe it will spark an interest. But if it doesn't, be straight forward afterwards.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Just tell him you r not interested
  • kjarvo
    kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I felt that same way about a guy i went to law school with. I knew he was SO into me and I just didn't feel like he was my type. I ended up marrying him and we have a baby on the way. I say go on that date, because you really never know!

My friend was like this too, she said he's not my type etc. I said just go and they're still together 2 years later.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I would tell him that you're not interested, and will never be.

It's simple.

Do this. Otherwise you give the guy hope that one date might lead to other dates. If you know now that won't happen, tell him.
  • bd0027
    Options
    Thanks everyone. (:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    haha... no girl! If they ask you, they pay!!! U didn't know that?
  • transmute
    transmute Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The last time I was honest with a guy about not being interested, he called me ugly and fat lol. I'm not too good at this.

That's when you laugh your *kitten* off and say "and you're such a catch that even UGLY FAT GIRLS are rejecting you!" and then continue to laugh your *kitten* off until you need to be hospitalized for an inability to breathe. The insecurity of *kitten* is hilarious (but damn, doesn't it make you wish you HAD gone on that date with him... not)
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    You can be kind, but make sure you are clear.

Otherwise...
    image.png
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    just say no if you arent interested.

what if he did this with sex? would you eventually give in to his steve urkel "i'm gonna wear you down, baby" approach? :laugh:
  • bd0027
    Options
    haha... no girl! If they ask you, they pay!!! U didn't know that?

I don't wanna make him pay for my meal if I'm not interested though. I'm too nice I guess lol.
    That's when you laugh your *kitten* off and say "and you're such a catch that even UGLY FAT GIRLS are rejecting you!" and then continue to laugh your *kitten* off until you need to be hospitalized for an inability to breathe. The insecurity of *kitten* is hilarious (but damn, doesn't it make you wish you HAD gone on that date with him... not)

I always say something similar to, "and this is why we're NEVER going on a date. (:"
    You can be kind, but make sure you are clear.

I'll keep that in mind so I don't end up getting endless texts about a second date haha.
    just say no if you arent interested.
    what if he did this with sex? would you eventually give in to his steve urkel "i'm gonna wear you down, baby" approach?

Yes. Yes I would.
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Put him in the friend zone.

scrubs-friend-zone-o.gif
  • Okapi42
    Okapi42 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have a similar problem with a friend at the moment. The worst part is, he's also my housemate, so he's always right there!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    If you have been pretty obvious you are not interested then I would keep saying no to him because he isn't respecting what you want and therefore perhaps he isn't as nice as he seems. If you have been wooly about it then that may be different. Is there any chance you would go on another date after the first if you didn't feel anything just because he nagged you senseless. If there is a chance of this I would suggest you just say no now and repeat it as many times as you need to.

good luck
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I don't want to hurt his feelings but I don't want to lead him on. That's why I suggested that I go on the date but pay for my part of it. I feel bad.

Im a guy so i know some guys can be persistent. Just tell him you aint into him like that, but if he wants to go out to eat or whatever that you will but he is paying and dont expect anything in return. He will either respect that and you get a free meal, or he will give up and leave you alone.....Win/Win
  • the_dude00
    the_dude00 Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Just tell him straight up you're not interested. One shot to head and it will kill his hope to catch you and let me immediately move one. Sometimes girls try to be too nice in their rejections and end up letting the guy emotionally bleed to death over a couple or few months months before they'll let the feeling go