Help sugar addict

Options
2»

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I am still new to this however I was able to quit soda without any cravings. It was weird.

I was able to do this too, I was preparing for a melt down!

Your experiences coincide with all scientific evidence so far accounted for, there seems to be no physiological dependency - or addiction - to foods that have a higher proportion of sugar than others.

Who cares what can be defined as an addiction or strong cravings. This person is telling us that they have a strong craving for sugar that they aren't able to overcome. If you aren't going to be helpful don't comment.

I'm telling them they CAN overcome it. Is that not helpful?
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I made a rule that I can only have sugary snacks and drinks AFTER dinner, and AFTER I've exercised, and only as much as I burned in my workout. Knowing it's coming helps me resist the cravings, and knowing I get more if I work out more helps me really put effort into my workouts. :) All my other calories for the day are healthy foods, so I get my nutrition whether or not I exercise. Nothing gets my butt off the couch like the idea of a hot, fresh-from-the-oven cookie and a glass of chocolate milk!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I am still new to this however I was able to quit soda without any cravings. It was weird.

I was able to do this too, I was preparing for a melt down!

Your experiences coincide with all scientific evidence so far accounted for, there seems to be no physiological dependency - or addiction - to foods that have a higher proportion of sugar than others.

Who cares what can be defined as an addiction or strong cravings. This person is telling us that they have a strong craving for sugar that they aren't able to overcome. If you aren't going to be helpful don't comment.

I'm telling them they CAN overcome it. Is that not helpful?

You didn't them that. You basically just told them that they're wrong. Not once did you say, YOU CAN OVERCOME THIS. Say what you mean because what you were saying before wasn't helpful.
  • Kingacat
    Options
    I gave up sugar a while ago. I find diet soda really addictive so I leave that alone too!
    If I have a sugar craving I find that half a glass of low fat milk is enough to satisfy it....
    Good Luck
  • Whambam087
    Options
    First of all as overwhelming as a craving is at the time, their nature is that they come and they go. They're harmless annoying sensations really. Just because you feel like you have to have it then and there doesn't mean you have to give in. You still have a choice. I find that if I ride it out and occupy myself with other things eventually they go away. I also find that sugar begets sugar cravings and the more sugar I eat the more I want. The less sugar I eat the less I want it. So very simply if I don't eat those foods I don't want them, if I eat them I can't get enough. Even if I only stop at one cookie, I find myself thinking how nice it would be nice to have just one more...and then another...whereas if I didn't have that cookie I wouldn't be fighting those cravings. I think sugar addiction is really real.