Person above stood in front of you naked, stay or run away?

Options

Replies

• tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    You can say that because you're obviously gorgeous, but if you were currently overweight, working your butt off to improve that, and didn't feel too happy about the way you looked, would you REALLY laugh it off, if the guy posting after you said he'd run? It would be pretty clear that he was running because he didn't like what he saw (substitute for "she" if you're into chicks).

Entertainment is one thing. Making people feel bad is another.

That's all I was trying to say.

Edit - I know this response wasn't to me, but thought it might help to remember that most of us here are working towards some type of physical goal, be it loss, strengthening, or maintenance. Threads like this are not the faint of heart, for sure. If your ego cannot take it, you shouldn't wade in. I don't think anyone means any real harm. :flowerforyou:
  • clemsontyger
    Options
    stick around
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    @yep_imchicbad

You can say that because you're obviously gorgeous, but if you were currently overweight, working your butt off to improve that, and didn't feel too happy about the way you looked, would you REALLY laugh it off, if the guy posting after you said he'd run? It would be pretty clear that he was running because he didn't like what he saw (substitute for "she" if you're into chicks).

Part of MFP is having a laugh with the other members this site is a place where you can be yourself the forums are seperate for a reason if you wish to take part and not take everything said personally then you join if you are not confident or you feel that the comments may upset you or something then don't join! im sorry but its as SIMPLE as that!
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Yep_imchicbad Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/yep_imchicbad/status

I have friends here at all stages of weight loss and fitness. this is for fun, if you have that low self esteem and other issues, you wouldn't come here. That's the point. serious conversations are in other forums. Thus chit chat and fun and games. Yes. I've had people say some crazy things about me too, but I have a sense of humor. I don't take things personal.

What makes you think your not as gorgeous- as you say I am? that's the part that confuses me. I think you glow in this photo.
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    ...and back to regular programming.

Stay. I like playing with dolls.

...and you can join in yep_imchicbad.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Standing in front of me talking such honesty how can I not stay.
  • charliex2202
    Options
    that cute smile would make me stay everytime
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Options
    ...and back to regular programming.

Stay. I like playing with dolls.

...and you can join in yep_imchicbad.

oh im staying for sure. lol
  • TexasEngr
    TexasEngr Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I really don't like these kinds of threads. I know they're for entertainment purposes, but given the fact that so many of us here are trying to lose weight and improve the way we look, discussions that focus on physical appearance really don't help us with our self esteem. I think we should be encouraging each other rather than making people feel bad about their appearance.

Just a thought.

I'd stay!

Why thank you kind Sir :wink:

You are very welcome ;)
  • charliex2202
    Options
    stayin where i am
  • justakiwi
    Options
    OK, just to clarify :smile:

My comments were made out of concern/consideration for OTHERS here - not for myself. I'm old enough and ugly enough (joke!) to protect my own self-esteem, so I wouldn't post in a thread like this in the first place. I just felt, reading through the discussion, that some of the people who posted, who received a "I'd run" response, might actually be hurt by that.

We all grew up with the old "sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me" nonsense. We all know that ridiculous saying couldn't be further from the truth.

Put my concerns down to my inbuilt "protective mother" programming :wink:
  • justakiwi
    Options

I have friends here at all stages of weight loss and fitness. this is for fun, if you have that low self esteem and other issues, you wouldn't come here. That's the point. serious conversations are in other forums. Thus chit chat and fun and games. Yes. I've had people say some crazy things about me too, but I have a sense of humor. I don't take things personal.

What makes you think your not as gorgeous- as you say I am? that's the part that confuses me. I think you glow in this photo.

Depends which one you're looking at. I'm the one with the glasses. The "glowing" one, is my beautiful daughter :smile:
  • charliex2202
    Options

Depends which one you're looking at. I'm the one with the glasses. The "glowing" one, is my beautiful daughter :smile:

I think you are both very very beautiful...its obvious you have a heart of gold to go with it
  • Yep_imchicbad
    Options

in all honesty I meant you in the glasses. Hair done, rosy cheeks, you look very nice. Young people just look young lol. Im not that young either, so I adore women over 40. kudos to you. your daughter takes after her mother.
  • Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Stay, I've pretty much seen everything.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Stay super sexy
  • jtgcm
    jtgcm Posts: 110
    Options
    Yup! I'd stay :)