C25K newbies

Options
Hey everyone,

I just started C25K and am doing the first workout of week 2 tomorrow morning. I would love to find other people who are also doing C25K right now so we can all whinge (or celebrate) about it! :laugh:

Replies

• meganuhl1
    meganuhl1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm going on week #4 starting tmrw morning. I love it. I've been using my treadmill almost daily since last July (maybe 6 days total since then that I haven't got on it due to being sick or something). Before I started c25k I had already mastered the 4 preprogrammed weight loss workouts and was doing manual mode upping speed and incline when also got bored with that that's when I was looking online for something more challenging and stumpled across C25K and decided I would try it starting Jan 1. There is a 5K race about an hour drive away from where I live in April that I now want to participate in. When I got my treadmill almost a year ago I could barely go a mile and a half in 30 minutes. Now I've worked my way up to a minimum of 1 hour on workdays and 2 1/2 on weekend days. On top of the treadmill I have a job that requires a lot of walking. I bought a pedometer around thanksgiving and I am averaging anywhere between 3.5 to 12 miles a day walking at work!
  • Naamah18
    Naamah18 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K this week and am about to go out for Week 1, workout 3. I'm optimistic about sticking with this program because it builds gradually, rather than me just trying to run a couple of miles, being miserably sore the next day and giving up. This week will be a little challenging as temperatures are expected to be quite low where I live, so trying to get it in when I can!
  • AngieOrangy
    AngieOrangy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have done C25K in the recent past, and had to stop about week four (strep throat/recovery).
    Currently I am week 2, day 3.
    Usually on my run days, I like to try doing weights afterwards (legs, arms, etc). The C25K website recommends the weight training in between runs; however, I feel like I never get a good warm-up if I don't do a full length of cardio before.
    I am pretty optimistic as well, the intervals are encouraging rather than a 1/4 mile run straight out.
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've just completed W3D1 and loved it. 3 weeks ago I couldnt run 10 seconds without stopping.

Ive learnt not to worry what I look like when running and I dont need to keep up with anyone!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I log every day and have an open diary :)
  • AlaskaFound
    Options
    I just came in from W1D2! Sooo cold outside.
  • Bloomsday
    Bloomsday Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did a similar program last year, but stopped running when it got too cold out. These kinds of programs are fantastic: I NEVER thought I'd be able to run for 30 minutes straight, but I did without any problems following the podcast.

I cannot wait until it gets a little warmer so I can start up again. Until then, I'll just watch you all do it! :)
  • lauracasparlabonte
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is doing well! I am not a C25K (I am on week 7)...I can't believe it! I completed the program (although barely!) almost ago. Now I'm 40 years old, 15 lbs heavier, and it's been more difficult....BUT it gets easier and easier each time!
  • Domino232
    Domino232 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have completed c25k on my elliptical, heard it was easier, and now just stated it again on the treadmill.
    I am planning on keeping up with my 30min on the elliptical on my non running days.

What do you all do?
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hooray for all you runners!!! I found that low impact cardio on non run days help the running get easier faster. I swim and bike when I'm not running