Dating to Marriage

Options
13»

Replies

• PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    5+ years, 2 kids for me. Still a mistake since he waited until after we're married to cheat on me. Oh well, live and learn.
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when i was 17 he waited two years before we got engaged then we were engaged for 2 years. So when we got married we had been together for 4 years. We have now been married 12 years. My parents dated for a few months when my grandmother said the two should just go get married already. There was no official engagement and they have been married 42 years. I once had a psychology professor say people should know each other at least 5 years before getting married. He said it took at least that long to get to know someone. He also believed people should live together before marriage. So I don't think there is a right or wrong just what works for a couples relationship.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    3 years definitely isn't bad! especially in this economy, you have to be financially secure before you get married and have a family. it's so expensive. and then there are weirdos like me and my boyfriend who have been together for almost two years, we've talked about marriage but neither of us are really jumping on planning a wedding anytime soon. it's a headache and a piece of paper isn't what defines our relationship.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    i waited 7, i got fidgety near the end, and waiting was worth it, it really gave us time to work on our relationship
  • GlitterrMagpie
    GlitterrMagpie Posts: 302 Member
    Options

Two cats is likely to be perceived as problematic. Most men that I have spoken to about women who own cats believe cat ownership is a red flag. It does not enhance your attractiveness to potential partners, it reduces it in many cases.

This only applies to men who hate cats and I'm guessing she wouldn't want to marry one of those.
  • mmartinez_az
    Options
    Dont get married, the break ups are worse.Get married and if it does not workout than its goverment paper work, hate, time consuming etc. Break up without being married you pack your crap and say "see ya", and get on with your life.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I asked my wife to marry me on our second date. We got married 18 months later and have been married almost 22 years. There was no question that she was the perfect woman for me. There is no question today that I was right then.