my dietician told me

Options
if i want to lose weight i dont eat fruit.... as it ferments in stomach which doesnt let the body to lose weight. is it truE?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    No
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm not a dietician but sounds a bit strange to me.
    I eat it all the time and I lost 2 stones
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    i feel a mess
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I was also told about the diet where all you eat was chocolate and all you drank was beer and wine. Some times when things don't make sense don't listen :huh:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Not unless she knows something very specific and unusual about your body that we don't know.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    nope im a normal person lol
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    nope im a normal person lol

You can eat all the fruit you want; just log it (don't count it as a free food.) I love most fruits and can easily lose weight including it in my day.
  • Itbeginswithyourself
    Options
    lol
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to find a new dietician. Fruit can be a very healthy part of your diet, and you should eat the fruits you enjoy, as long as you're not allergic and they fit into your macros.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 56 pounds down from my highest weight, and 53 of those 56 pounds has come off since July of 2013. I eat fruit every day, sometimes 1 or 2 servings, sometimes closer to 5 or 6 servings. It hasn't caused me any problems at all, and it helps me not feel deprived.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    1. no
    2. get a new dietician
    3 stop trolling
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it wasn't a nutritionist? Not a mistake many dietitians would make.
  • LexiMelo
    LexiMelo Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Here is a good article to read http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/12/the-best-way-to-eat-fruit_n_2114888.html

Fruit is really good for you, it has lots of antioxidants and vitamins. I would find a new "dietician". Do they have any qualifications?
  • _Danno_
    _Danno_ Posts: 165
    Options
    Are you sure it was a dietician and not a nutritionist?
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    I am not trolling. I dont know if he has or not. he told me no fruit no milk no yogurt no cheese.... only egg whites... im not joking but i feel its a scam
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    That sentence doesn't even make sense grammatically.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you have some medical problems that made the doctor tell you so, you should listen to your dietician. There are conditions in which an individuals has digestion problems when eating fruits and so on.

But if you are a healthy person, there are no reasson not to eat fruits. It depends when you eat them.
    For example I am quite a healthy person, but I only can eat 1-2 servings of fruit a day, always between meals, because I get terrible gasses and get bloathed.
    A good dietician will also tell you this, because fruits start to ferment in your stomach if they are on top of other undigested foods.
    But there are also people that eat fruits just before a meal and don't have any problem.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I am not trolling. I dont know if he has or not. he told me no fruit no milk no yogurt no cheese.... only egg whites... im not joking but i feel its a scam
    Then run. It sounds like nonsense.