kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    i eat like 1000+ calories of fruit daily
    im pretty thin
    but yes i wouldnt eat dairy
  • primal_cupcakes
    primal_cupcakes Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    It's not true. Fruit is digested normally. It doesn't sit around in your GI tract fermenting and inhibiting weight loss.
  • Supertact
    Supertact Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    teehee ty
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    well thanks guys i need to rethink my diet
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    OP, some people are unable to digest fructose. Are you one of those people? This has nothing to do with weight loss and everything to do with your digestive system and enzymes.

Ask your dietician if you are one of those people. Unless you have a correct diagnosis, you won't ever know if eating fruit is okay for your body or not.
  • Butterpecan888
    Options
    no i digest fruit normally
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your dietician is into the "food combining" school. They have lots of rules about what should and shouldn't be eaten for health effects and meal preparation. However, certain diets (like some paleo versions) do suggest dropping fruit for quicker weight loss.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem with yeast in your body that can cause fruits and sugars to essentially ferment in your body creating toxins. There is a book called " The Yeast Connection"- by Dr. William G. Crook M.D. that is a good resource and can explain it better than I can. I try to follow the food recommendations and I do feel better and healthier when I do, but it is very difficult because of the foods you have to eliminate or restrict.
  • KL145
    KL145 Posts: 15
    Options
    Lol some of you are mean.
  • ThriceBlessed
    ThriceBlessed Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    There is a big difference between a dietician and a nutritionist. A registered dietician, by law, in the United States, has a minimum of a 4-year Bachelor Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics or a 3-year Science Degree followed by a Master Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics, including a certain period of practical training in different hospital and community settings, they are considered health care professionals, just as doctors, nurses, and physical therapists are.

For nutritionist, the requirements vary state by state... in some states a person can take a correspondence course for a few months and call themselves a nutritionist, other states have more strict requirements, some states don't define who can call themselves a nutritionist at all, so anyone could just decide to "be" one.

So the first thing I'd do is find out if this person is truly a registered dietician, if he doesn't have the appropriate degrees, and he is presenting himself as a dietician, then he is practicing medicine without a license.

As someone else said, if you have no unusual physical problem digesting fructose, or no allergies, there is no reason to avoid fruit.
  • kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a personal trainer once that told me to not eat fruit after 2 p.m. because fruit takes 14 hours to digest..now I have no idea of any truth to this and I never researched it. I eat fruit daily and have been steadily losing weight so I'd suggest to still get your servings of fruit in and try it out for a while and see if you still lose. Good luck to you!
  • Smashley1947
    Options
    My vote is your "dietician" isn't a dietician.

A dietician you should be taking advice from is someone who is registered, if they are not covered under your health plan then I wouldn't listen to them.

They also follow the food pyramid or food guide. Which tells you to eat 5-8 vegetables or fruit a day.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Lol. If this was true you would get drunk everytime you ate fruit.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Fire your dietician and ask for a refund
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    if i want to lose weight i dont eat fruit.... as it ferments in stomach which doesnt let the body to lose weight. is it truE?

You can make wine in your stomach?! You are my hero! :drinker:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    if i want to lose weight i dont eat fruit.... as it ferments in stomach which doesnt let the body to lose weight. is it truE?

It is even more impressive than making chocolate milk in your mouth!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options

:laugh:
  • jennyxoheff
    jennyxoheff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This comment added no value and belittled the OP. Seems we were able able to figure out what she was referring to despite her grammar.
    That sentence doesn't even make sense grammatically.
  • jennyxoheff
    jennyxoheff Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it's time to find a new dietician. Fruit can be a very healthy part of your diet, and you should eat the fruits you enjoy, as long as you're not allergic and they fit into your macros.

This :)
    Good luck!
  • howeyd2211
    Options
    Sounds like your dietician is into the "food combining" school. They have lots of rules about what should and shouldn't be eaten for health effects and meal preparation. However, certain diets (like some paleo versions) do suggest dropping fruit for quicker weight loss.

I was just about to say this. It may be a food combo plan that your dietician is attempting. I did one many, many years ago where I did not mix my breads/potatoes with my meats in the same meal. A 'new' study had shown that the enzymes that break down bread/grains counteract the enzymes that break down protein and cancel each other out. It worked for me, I lost 20 lbs. Unfortunately, when I tried again many years later, it did not work. Perhaps ask your dietician for evidence/studies showing the effectiveness of this plan or where s/he got their info so you can research it yourself.