Your typical breakfast?

Options

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm rarely hungry when I first wake up...I'm like the 1-2 hours after waking...Some of the things I do eat for breakfast include:

Protein Drinks (Special K if I am on the go)
    Mini Quiche (I have lots of different recipes and I make about a dozen in the muffin tin. Great for portions - If I'm not hungry I'll eat one, if I'm hungry I'll have two or three.)
    Egg Sandwiches
    Gluten Free Banana Pancakes
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Coffee with heavy cream.
    Then, much later, either a hardboiled egg or a Quest bar.
  • Bethany0214
    Bethany0214 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! I always have different breakfast kicks, but right now my breakfasts have been consisting of:

3 boiled egg white
    3 cherry tomatoes (halved)
    1 orange
    coffee
    8oz almond milk

Fills me up and keeps me going for a good amount of time!
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Days I work out ( 5 days per week ): 2 strips reduced salt bacon. 2 fried eggs. Either sweet potato hash browns or 2 slices of weight watcher's bread, toasted, depending on whether or not I feel like grating sweet potatoes that day.

Days I don't work out: Oatmeal topped with No Sugar Added maple syrup and a hard boiled egg.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit and I eat two poached eggs every morning with either sauteed kale, spinach or fried tomatoes. Sometimes I'll have a pita pocket if I feel extra hungry/want carbohydrates. I always have coffee with my breakfast, and I always drink at least 4 cups of water before I eat breakfast!
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Weekdays either: Two bacon or black pudding with 2 scrambled eggs.
    or: Ham with mayonnaise spread on the slice
    or: Two hard-boiled eggs with mayonnaise.

Weekends: Scrambled eggs or omelette with meat (leftovers, bacon or bratwurst) or some other leftovers.

I try to avoid too many simple carbs first thing, else I'll be flat on my back before lunch. (True story!!!)
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I normally don't eat breakfast just have a coffee or two but trying a different eating pattern this month so it's been either:

50g oats with 50g of apple sauce + coffee

or

2 slices bread with 20g peanut butter & 20g fruit spread (75% fruit) + coffee
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    If I don't start the day with protein, I'm screwed for the rest of the day. Thus, I start with 2 fried eggs and a few cups of coffee. I eat fruit and nuts when I get to work for a morning snack
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    On the days I'm home its usually some wholewheat bread with an omelette

On the days I'm in Uni I don't have time for a good breakfast so I usually have a protein bar on the go. Last week I made some low sugar wholewheat blueberry muffins though which were great on the go :)
  • BelsFitnessJourney
    Options
    BREAKFAST!!!! My favourite meal of the day.... I absolutely LOVE overnight oats :)

It's my Monday - Friday breakfast - yum!

1/3 Cup Wholegrain Rolled Oats, 1 Tsp Chia Seeds, 2/3 Cup Almond Milk, 1 Splenda + Cinnamon soaked overnight in a jar, ready to eat in the morning at work :)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt (flavor varies)
    V8 Hot and Spicy Low Sodium

Apple or banana mid morning.

Darn near every day.

Lunch varies a little, dinner varies a lot!

Snacks vary even more.
  • majica8
    majica8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have porridge/oatmeal with various fruit etc.
    Any combination of bananas, sultanas, cherries, blueberries, honey, maple syrup, pecan nuts, flaked almonds.
    Usually have 2 or 3 of the fruits, honey or maple syrup, and the nuts just depend on my calories for the day. Lately I've been going without nuts but I have enough variation so it's never boring.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    veggies + protein + yogurt or small bowl of oatmeal (this usually manifests itself as a veggie omelet w/ cheese + yogurt (greek) or a small bowl of oatmeal)
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    I'm really bad...I don't eat breakfast...:embarassed:
  • veruca25
    Options
    Sunday - Friday:
    7am breakfast 2 egg whites with pepper and a dab of ketchup
    10am breakfast 1/4 cup plain oatmeal with an equal packet

Saturday breakfast
    1 whole egg with a bread - either toast / english muffin etc
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am a breakfast sandwich fan - since I have started on MFP I make them at home usually with egg white, a thin bun, turkey sausage or reduced sodium bacon and about a 1/2 ounce of cheddar. Tim Hortons now makes a breakfast sandwich with turkey sausage and egg whites but when you add the processed cheese and their delicious biscuit instead of the english muffin I guess mine is healthier.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    3-4 whole eggs with cheddar and sriracha
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Usually an egg (scrambled or hard boiled) with some fruit, black coffee.

Some days I eat leftover protein and veggies from the dinner the night before.

I usually don't skip breakfast.
  • schonkreuz
    schonkreuz Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    2-3 eggs scrambled
    3-4 peices of turkey bacon cooked in the oven until super crispy.

Numbers depend on time/ how hungry I am.
  • nearlsjr
    Options
    Today: 2 boiled egg whites, 1 apple bran muffin, 1 banana, 2 cups of coffee. Somedays I do 1 fried egg over easy, 1 1/2 serving grits., 1 cup coffee