Your typical breakfast?

Options

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    ricecakes with peanut butter or oatmeal with tablespoon agave nectar and fruit
  • ckspores1018
    ckspores1018 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I rotate a two standards for breakfast. I'm not always necessarily hungry but I'll still make something and bring it to work with me.

1. Growing oatmeal bowl (from Hungry Girl, I think). 1/2 old fashioned oats, cup of water, cup of almond milk cooked on the stove for 15 minutes or so. I usually add a tablespoon of nut butter to this.

2. 2 eggs, 2 egg whites scrambled with a veggie sauteed in a little olive oil (my standards are bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms) with two wedges of laughing cow cheese of different varieties. This is a good way for me to use veggies that might be a tad past their prime. Usually this ends up stretching into two breakfasts. I'll add an english muffin with some peanut butter or butter and jam if I'm really hungry.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    two egg whites microwaved with 1/8 cup of shredded cheese and toast or a banana egg pancake with 1/4 c. of quick cooking oats thrown in (for fiber and fluff) or a protein bar of some kind and yogurt all of those with coffee and half and half are the three things I eat most often.

tomorrow, I am off from work and will make sausage biscuits because I'll have time. Sometimes I eat a GF muffin and yogurt if I am craving sugar. Sometimes I make actual GF pancakes or French toast for my kids on Saturdays, but not very often.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    1 packet of oatmeal with some combo of the following add-ins: chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, dried fruit. Add water and microwave. Yummy.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Sunday - Friday:
    7am breakfast 2 egg whites with pepper and a dab of ketchup
    10am breakfast 1/4 cup plain oatmeal with an equal packet

Saturday breakfast
    1 whole egg with a bread - either toast / english muffin etc

A whopping 40 calories for 7am and then 75 calories at 10am? How many calories are you eating each day? This is hardly "breakfast" by my standards but hey, I guess we're all different.
  • MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I definitely eat the same things over and over...I have to get up early, and get 2 elementary school aged kids together, so we have to manage our time down to the minute to get out the door on time

My "go to" breakfasts are:

organic porridge oats with soy milk, topped with cinnamon/coconut sugar/banana
    nature's path pumpkin flax cereal with soy milk and a banana
    whole wheat bagel thin with one piece of canadian bacon/one egg/half a slice of organic cheddar
    boiled eggs (2 whites/one yolk) and berries

and coffee/muffin on my cheat days LOL
  • seleniumbaby
    Options
    I eat salad. Something with lots of hot sauce. It wakes you up. I've never understood why our culture generally eats sugary foods early in the day, anyone know?
  • Savannah_416
    Options
    (1) 1 cup kefir (it also helps my tummy bloating) + handful of walnuts/almonds + coffee (with 2% milk as creamer)

(2) In a small bowl: 3/4 cup of plain oats, 1/2 cup of 2% milk, 3 halves walnuts, and a sprinkle of flavored granola
    Babybel original mini-cheese

(3) 2 boiled eggs + a serving of fruit
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm not a breakfast person and I believe that "breakfast food" is a crock. During the week I have been having shredded chicken with ranch dressing on corn thins. On the weekend, I tend to just wait for lunch.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Lately one cup chopped raw kale with 2 or 3 fried eggs on top mixed in with a tbsp soy sauce and fresh ground pepper.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Usually some combination of fruit (of late, 1 cup of blueberries), 1/2 cup plain yogurt (or one cup if I'm extra hungry), 1/4 cup of homemade granola with nuts for crunch. And lots of coffee with a little bit of cream. Once in a while, eggs and toast or oatmeal. I actually find that a high-protein breakfast makes me hungry sooner than one with a little protein, some carbs, and quite a bit of fiber.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Lately one cup chopped raw kale with 2 or 3 fried eggs on top mixed in with a tbsp soy sauce and fresh ground pepper.

One of my favorite lunches/quick dinners (though I cook the kale lightly.)
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    3/4 cup of home made bean soup with quarter cup of rice, starbucks morning joe coffee with sugar
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    oatmeal and banana

cereal, milk, and banana

shake - protein powder, water, 1/2 cup fruit, with a side of banana

2 eggs on slice of toast with some ketchup and a banana

Always have a banana for breakfast lol
  • tinaatko
    tinaatko Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started to diet so my breakfast this week will be one hard boiled egg and 3 slices precooked bacon. Coffee.....gotta have that coffee!!!
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Four days a week eggs (hard boiled, scrambled with salsa or sometimes a breakfast wrap). three days a week oatmeal or cottage cheese with fruit. Also ALWAYS a tea!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I always start with any kind of tea. Usually green tea.
    I drink it mostly plain or for black or chai teas I add one packet of stevia and a serving of coconut creamer.

For breakfast I eat:

1. hard boiled eggs, side of steamed spinach
    2. low sodium cottage cheese with diced cucumbers and tomatoes
    3. plain greek yogurt with 1/4 cup fresh berries, half a serving of chopped walnuts and a packet of stevia
    4. half a serving of long cook oats with half an apple, stevia and cinnamon (once a week as a treat)
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    usually eggs and a fruit smoothie under 450 calories

Me too!
  • Orffteacher15
    Options
    I usually eat Kashi Cinnamon Harvest Cereal with fresh blueberries. Sometimes I like greek yogurt, granola, and fresh blueberries.
  • grizznerd5
    Options
    4 fried eggs and 8 oz London Broil.