is it ok to eat junk sometimes?

Options
124»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Eat a balanced diet that is rich in nutrient dense foods. understand that you don't get extra credit for more broccoli once your nutritional requirements have been met...so then you can enjoy your ice cream or whatever.
    Wait. There's no extra credit??:embarassed:
    Good post. Best post here in fact.:drinker:
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    As long as it DOES NOT make you go over your calories, it's 100% perfectly ok.

I eat junk nightly to fill my remaining calories.

I've been tending toward that too. MFP has me on a 1200 calorie plan (for 2lbs weight loss per week) but I also am fairly active most of the time, and exercise daily.....so I've been burning up about 300 extra calories a day, which means that I'm eating back my exercise calories and really am on a 1500 calorie plan. I find it hard to fill it in my situation (I have to share a kitchen and don't have much storage space for food.....which forces me to shop weekly and wisely. )

I know that since I'll be on a first class train journey tomorrow with included meals for when I'm on board, I'm planning to live it up food-wise for Breakfast and Lunch, and just eat lightly for dinner and my snacks. Luckily, Amtrak provides dietary information for their meals on their website.

Nothing wrong with not tracking for a day or two. ON Halloween I ate more candy than I gave out to kids, lol. In the grand scheme of it all... a DAY of going over calories is NOTHING. It doesn't take a day to get fat, or get lean/skinny so why worry about it ya know. Also in a few weeks I'm going to NYC for a vacation/shopping trip with my wife and I plan on eating at every pastry shop I see and eating a the "Peanut Butter & Co." shop a few times!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is a cyborg because he could eat plain meat and veggies with no seasoning or sauce for every meal. But I crave variety and flavor. If I have a home cooked "normal" meal with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor, I crave "junk" a lot less. I end up cooking a lot, but really look forward to what I am eating instead of dreading it. Sometimes that means cooking my favorite meal but taking a smaller portion than I used to and filling the rest of the plate with my favorite veggies in order to stay within my calories. Or going out for pizza and starting with a salad and having 1 or 2 pieces instead of 4. But I still eat junk and eat a sweet pretty much every day. If I had to eat plain turkey and steamed veggies every meal I wouldn't last long.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is a cyborg because he could eat plain meat and veggies with no seasoning or sauce for every meal. But I crave variety and flavor. If I have a home cooked "normal" meal with fresh ingredients and lots of flavor, I crave "junk" a lot less. I end up cooking a lot, but really look forward to what I am eating instead of dreading it. Sometimes that means cooking my favorite meal but taking a smaller portion than I used to and filling the rest of the plate with my favorite veggies in order to stay within my calories. Or going out for pizza and starting with a salad and having 1 or 2 pieces instead of 4. But I still eat junk and eat a sweet pretty much every day. If I had to eat plain turkey and steamed veggies every meal I wouldn't last long.

Yes yes yes!