Dating advice needed....please

Options
charliex2202
charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
So the other night I met this guy and we hit it off quite well he was sweet charming and funny and we exchanged numbers.....he called me to arrange a date which we set up for a few days later....however since then he is constantly texting me asking me to call him and if i don't reply to his text messages straight away he then text's me again asking why i'm not talking to him....

My mother says that i should not go on the date as he sounds like a fruit loop I mean we haven't even been on the first date yet and already he constantly text's and calls and asks where i am and what i'm doing... what do you think is my mum just been overly cautious or does this guy sound a bit strange?? should i go or not??

Any advice would be very much appreciated....

~Charlie

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    No, he's strange. Change your number, stay away. Be safe <3.
  • ftloy
    ftloy Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Erm ... I'm getting bad vibes about this guy just based on your description of his behavior. He sounds kind of needy to me and potentially a bit controlling, as well. You might want to listen to your mom -- he may not end up being a serial killer or anything like that, but he sounds like he could definitely cause a lot of needless grief and stress down the road.

Anyhow, them's my $0.02.
  • goneforawhile
    goneforawhile Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Maybe hes a nervous noob.... probably a fruit loop though...
  • bl1nk6
    bl1nk6 Posts: 175
    Options
    Erm ... I'm getting bad vibes about this guy just based on your description of his behavior. He sounds kind of needy to me and potentially a bit controlling, as well. You might want to listen to your mom -- he may not end up being a serial killer or anything like that, but he sounds like he could definitely cause a lot of needless grief and stress down the road.

Anyhow, them's my $0.02.

what he said ^^^^
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    This is a good reason to use KiK...keeps you from having to change your phone number....Sounds a bit clingy if not desperate...I believe mom may be right!
  • DoNotSpamMe73
    DoNotSpamMe73 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Public place in case there is genuine issues for safety reasons. But a casual date doesn't seem so bad, nothing too serious. Delete number or something if issues are there or friend route if possible.
    Overall it is completely your choice.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    run... run away now!!!!!
  • meli_moo
    meli_moo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Block his number immediately! Just imagine what he's gonna be like when you are officially dating yikes!
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Far too possessive! he will be way too much hassle. dont go there!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    No constructive advice here, but I'm sure glad that when I was dating there was no texting. We made a plan for a date and then waited until that date arrived. No texting or checking their FB status.

No going on line to shadow that person.

I wish you luck. I wouldn't read too much into the guy's obvious insecurity, but you might want to call him and tell him you are not in a postion to be texting constantly and you will see him on your first date. Until then ask him to relax. If he takes offense to that, canel the date.
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    So the other night I met this guy and we hit it off quite well he was sweet charming and funny and we exchanged numbers.....he called me to arrange a date which we set up for a few days later....however since then he is constantly texting me asking me to call him and if i don't reply to his text messages straight away he then text's me again asking why i'm not talking to him....

My mother says that i should not go on the date as he sounds like a fruit loop I mean we haven't even been on the first date yet and already he constantly text's and calls and asks where i am and what i'm doing... what do you think is my mum just been overly cautious or does this guy sound a bit strange?? should i go or not??

Any advice would be very much appreciated....

~Charlie

with love............RUN!!!!!!!!!! he's obsessing and you haven't been on the date yet! creepy creeperson comes to mind!
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I suspect exhibiting clinginess like that would wear pretty thin after a while if not cause outright resentment - it's attention yes but the wrong kind imho - on the other hand, everyone has a lesson to learn, ask yourself if you're willing to go down that road!
  • PaleoChocolateBearJr
    Options
    Sounds like a def control freak, probably abusive I'd stay away from him and changing your number might not be a bad as a poster said earlier
  • warriorknight
    Options
    Sounds like he is way to needy.
    Imagine how it will be if you have a few dates. You'll find him turning up at your front door saying "I text, you never replied, I was worried", he will have a knife hidden in his jacket in case you were seeing someone else too.
    You've been warned
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    He sounds clingy, possessive, a control freak, and a little stalkerish. If that's what you're into, go for it. Personally, I would block his number and hope he doesn't know where I live.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    He sounds clingy, possessive, a control freak, and a little stalkerish. If that's what you're into, go for it. Personally, I would block his number and hope he doesn't know where I live.

Sooo, that is why I cannot get in touch with you....WAHHHHHH....
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't go on the date. If he's like that now think of how he'll be if you were to get together...
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    First date over before it happened . . . keep looking . Hello call block .
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nut. Plus why text someone to ask them to call you? Why not just call them?