Quick Breakfast Suggestions

Options
Any suggestions for very low cal breakfasts... ie boiled egg on a ryvita. Original Oats so Simple made up with water etc. Thanks guys!

Replies

• Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You can make mini omelettes in advance. I do that often, I put them in muffins tray and make about a dozen. Then just reheat in microwave in the morning or eat cold.
    Yogourt and fruits.
    Healthy cereal not packed with sugar.
    You can also substitute milk for almond milk
  • LittleonebeforethethroneofGod
    Options
    I like yogurt, it's quick and easy. Oatmeal is another good breakfast. Malt o Meal and Cream of Wheat or Cream of Rice is good. I also like to keep a supply of fresh fruits and eat those for breakfasts in combination of these things. Of late I've been skipping breakfast, but hopefully I'll get back to eating breakfast one of these days.
  • emerald73
    emerald73 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Yes I'm keen to try the almond milk. Hoping it's nice in tea!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Make porridge with skimmed milk. Add some dried fruit, or my favourite is banana, sultana, cinnamon and honey. If you want a few more calories, add peanut butter.
  • jnagy9886
    jnagy9886 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Egg white muffins. Mix 3 egg whites with 1 egg. then pour into muffin tin. Add spinach or green peppers, low fat cheese, and a low sodium turkey based meat. I cook a dozen on Sunday nights so I have 2 per morning for the rest of the week! Pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds (I add a little hot sauce to mine) and enjoy!
  • piratebear1
    piratebear1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My fave at the moment is 2 poached eggs on a warburtons thin (toasted) - its about 250 calories- however it keeps me full until around 2pm :-)
  • drshminky
    Options
    Almond milk is awful in tea!!!!!

It is however really good in porridge :D
  • Lauracanbe125
    Options
    I eat protein bars due to having trouble getting all of it in! Oh Yeah brand tastes the best :) Other days I eat eggs, oats or peanut butter. Good Luck!
  • ThinEdielynne
    Options
    I used to love oatmeal or yogurt, then I found out I am intolerant to gluten and dairy. So now it's fruit fruit fruit!
  • seashell99z
    seashell99z Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I take Quaker oatmeal, two equals, big dash of cinnamon and frozen fruit (unsweetened). Microwave for four minutes. 185 calories.
  • willdb76
    Options
    My favourite is wholemeal pitta bread, 1 slice of ham, watercress and cherry tomatoes. Under 200 cals and makes you feel full! You could use turkey rashers or very lean bacon.
  • ellenmg
    ellenmg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have Clif Mojo bars - Peanut Butter Pretzel. They are fab! 190 calories with good amount of protein.
  • Marcus_Anthony
    Marcus_Anthony Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 60 cal or 80 cal cereal with 2% milk.
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have two hard boiled eggs and a greek yogurt
  • CillitBang
    CillitBang Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Scrambled egg on a slice of wholemeal bread...or 2 slices if it's the tiny bread.

Depending on the size of the egg, it's maximum 230 calories AND it mostly keeps me full from breakfast (7.30am) until lunchtime (12.45pm).
  • badfeet67
    Options
    Oatmeal (I have 4 distinctly different types I make so it doesn't get boring, none of them instant).
    Cream of wheat.
    Bran flakes - one of the lowest cal cold cereals there are, you can have 2 servings for < 200 cal AND they have tons of nutrients
    Cheerio's - 100 cal / serving

Use almond milk and you will come in under 250 on any of these.

Heck, even an egg, 2 slices of bacon and a piece of high fiber toast is only 200ish!
  • Smellen00
    Smellen00 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    These sound great.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    2 hard boiled eggs sliced on a English muffin with a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese - 287 cals, 19 protein and 25 carbs
  • marshart
    marshart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    3 minutes to hot, satisfying breakfast.
    Cream of Wheat, 2.5 - 3 minutes on the stove. 110 calories.

While this is simmering stir a couple times and I heat in microwave a cup of frozen 3 berry mixture. 70 cal.
    Sprinkle a little splenda on each layer in bowl.
    Over hot fruit pour cereal and top with no fat Greek yogurt. Half cup is 65. Cal.
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I have bran flakes with skimmed milk and a few raisins sprinkled over or sometimes chopped apricots for a change - lasts me all morning to dinner time without having to snack inbetween :smile: