Planking

Options
I heard planking was very good so I decided to try it well for my first time I was able to hold myself up for 1 minute and 1 and 1/2 seconds. How long can you plank for?

Replies

• Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I heard planking was very good so I decided to try it well for my first time I was able to hold myself up for 1 minute and 1 and 1/2 seconds. How long can you plank for?

30 seconds at a time
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    The most I have done is two minutes but I at least try to do it for a minute a day..in addition to a few other abdominal exercises...
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked over a half a year ago I was over 8 minutes per front plank.
  • badgeratheart
    badgeratheart Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    2 minutes, 20 seconds--but I WILL get to 3 consecutive minutes. One of my 2014 goals is to plank 3 minutes per day. Right now, I go 2 minutes, 15 seconds, rest for 15 seconds and then eek out the last 45 seconds. When I started I was at one minute intervals.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    45 seconds
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I can't do planks =P
    I believe planking is the act of laying like a moron on top of an object though =P
  • Dogwalkingirl
    Dogwalkingirl Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have done two minutes but last time I tried I was only able to do just over a minute so I better get back to practicing!
  • FatSkillet66
    Options
    Someone explain what "planking" is? Thanks!
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    3 minutes front plank. Supported on my forearms & toes
  • sierra_12
    sierra_12 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    one minute and 15 seconds. i WILL be at 2 minutes by this summer though (:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

I know what it is (at work right now so can't share pictures of it) but what are the benefits of it?
  • SunnyDuckling
    SunnyDuckling Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I can't do planks =P
    I believe planking is the act of laying like a moron on top of an object though =P

I was thinking this!! If this is the sort of planking you mean, then I can can do this for eight hours - nightly! :laugh:

But the exercise plank? I think I can get to 30 seconds... *shuffles off to check* ... Nope! Only 23 seconds. Oh well, I guess I can keep working on that :D
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    90 seconds. I'm 5 months pregnant too.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Until I'm bored? If you can handle more than 90 seconds, I suggest you try a harder variety (feet on bench, one arm up, one leg up, arms on swiss ball, or some combination of these). Also, holding a plank while doing a cable pull down is a crazy challenge to the core.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Until I'm bored? If you can handle more than 90 seconds, I suggest you try a harder variety (feet on bench, one arm up, one leg up, arms on swiss ball, or some combination of these). Also, holding a plank while doing a cable pull down is a crazy challenge to the core.

I was thinking this same thing. :flowerforyou:
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like plankts. It's been a while, but I was proud to be able to do a minute, given how out of shape I am.
  • Kyttiara
    Kyttiara Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    50 seconds up from 30 seconds a month or so ago. Forearms/toes.
  • FatSkillet66
    Options
    I'll Google it
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options

This is a plank. It's a lot harder than it looks.

ab-exercise-plank.jpg
  • FatSkillet66
    Options

This is a plank. It's a lot harder than it looks.

ab-exercise-plank.jpg
    Thanks!! I'm sure it is very tough - I'll lose a few more lbs before attempting