How can I get perkier boobs?

Options

Replies

• HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Will strengthening the chest muscles help?

No.

Breast fat sits parallel to the muscle, not above or beneath. The skin stretches around it. If it sags, it sags. You may be lucky and they may tighten with the rest of your skin... but you also may not.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Breasts that defy gravity only exist in Hollywood.

Exercises are great but likely won't help; getting stronger only has benefits; and also shifting your focus from appearance to health can help you to appreciate your body more instead of only seeing the imperfections (which we all have). Worrying about perky breasts is just a waste of time in the scope of things that really matter in life.

You might like to remind yourself that breasts have a purpose much more important than as sexual objects or looking "perky".
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much you lose will affect their perkiness.
    If you make a big jump from like...a D to a B, they will probably look a little more deflated. I lost 40 lbs and didn't even lose a full cup size. They're definitely smaller, but with chest exercises they're nice and perky. Sometimes I can even see striations in my chest!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    You are 21 ?

Let me give you a straight up answer.

Gravity. We must fight it. It isn't kind. Genetics play a role, but there are DEF things you can do.

I'm 50. D cups. my boobs are genetic from my grandmother along with her stubbornness. I've been overweight since I was 8 with bouts of losing and regaining 50 lbs several times in my life. 3 years ago I was at my highest weight of 238 and a size 44DD.
    I'm now a 36D. My boobs are pretty darn perky and firm. Since we are already bordering TMI territory : lying down = pretty damn perky.

my advice?

unless u r sleeping : WEAR A BRA

Wear a GOOD, supportive bra

Strength train. Training Pecs are NOT just for men.
    progressive, sustained strength training. Meaning : you will not see or maintain results in a few weeks or months.

If you do high impact sports/ exercises : high compression sports bras

Rapid weight loss is not a good thing for our muscle mass - that includes our chest muscles.

You are 21 - you have a lifetime of opportunity to obtain and sustain good eating habits and strength training. I WISH I'd learned about it at your age.

Good luck!

Jen
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Breasts that defy gravity only exist in Hollywood.

Exercises are great but likely won't help; getting stronger only has benefits; and also shifting your focus from appearance to health can help you to appreciate your body more instead of only seeing the imperfections (which we all have). Worrying about perky breasts is just a waste of time in the scope of things that really matter in life.

You might like to remind yourself that breasts have a purpose much more important than as sexual objects or looking "perky".

My boobs actually have no purpose beyond looking good or being sexual objects. ...unless filling out shirts is a purpose separate from looking good?

Any who. I hear surgery is a viable option. It's one I myself am keeping in mind, just in case.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    You are 21 ?

Let me give you a straight up answer.

Gravity. We must fight it. It isn't kind. Genetics play a role, but there are DEF things you can do.

I'm 50. D cups. my boobs are genetic from my grandmother along with her stubbornness. I've been overweight since I was 8 with bouts of losing and regaining 50 lbs several times in my life. 3 years ago I was at my highest weight of 238 and a size 44DD.
    I'm now a 36D. My boobs are pretty darn perky and firm. Since we are already bordering TMI territory : lying down = pretty damn perky.

my advice?

unless u r sleeping : WEAR A BRA

Wear a GOOD, supportive bra

Strength train. Training Pecs are NOT just for men.
    progressive, sustained strength training. Meaning : you will not see or maintain results in a few weeks or months.

If you do high impact sports/ exercises : high compression sports bras

Rapid weight loss is not a good thing for our muscle mass - that includes our chest muscles.

You are 21 - you have a lifetime of opportunity to obtain and sustain good eating habits and strength training. I WISH I'd learned about it at your age.

Good luck!

Jen

pretty much.

I've actually heard (completely unsubstantiated) wearing some support at night is good too. I've switched to light bra's occasionally- I hate wearing stuff to bed- but then I'm like I DON"T WANT SAGGY BEWBS.... so I alternate- no pattern. shrug- it is what it is.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    pics of them so i can figure out the best workout routine
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Plastic surgery. And once I hit my goal and maintain it for one entire year, I am going the same route.

No amount of exercise can overcome what gravity has already taken.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wear a supportive bra. Eat lots of protein (1g/lb lean body mass at least). Pray. :flowerforyou:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Pushups, bench presses and a really good pushup bra!

bench presses, cannot emphasize this enough! they strengthen the muscles which hold your boobs in place. which makes them perky
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    Surgery and push up bra's.
    This may not be an option for you, since you say your boobs are bigger than you like, but I just stopped wearing a bra. Cold turkey. I heard that bras may hinder natural small chest muscles that support the boobs. As I am a smallish A, it wasn't like I needed one, and idgaf if my headlights show every now and then,so I thought why not, I'll give it a try . Fast forward about 6 months later, and I'm showing marked improvement in my girls' perkiness.

yeah gravity doesn't work like that- but thanks for playing.

Yeah, there are no muscles that support the breast. They are supported by ligaments only. I do believe that if those ligaments NEVER receive any strain whatsoever, they probably weaken more quickly over time, which does not help with the whole saggy vs perky issue. So going sans every now and then is probably an OK idea.
  • QuietBloom
    Options

bench presses, cannot emphasize this enough! they strengthen the muscles which hold your boobs in place. which makes them perky

Unfortunately, your breast sit ABOVE the pecs, and are suspended by ligaments only. So...no.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I have lady pecs. My boobs haven't gotten bigger or perkier but having pectoral muscles has made them look better.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/955124-what-weight-lifting-does-for-small-boobs
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    a good bra.. end story

while working chest muscles is super awesome and helps make your chest look great, while in a bra. it does not nessisarily make your boobs look perky, thats a luck of the draw. and surgery if you got money ;) I have had five kids, lost 40lbs etc. and my boobs are saggy.... I lift like a mo fo.. and my chest muscles are large.. but alas.. braless. =not pretty.. but I will take it as it beats 40 plus pounds ;)

good luck ;)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, your breast sit ABOVE the pecs, and are suspended by ligaments only. So...no.

So this is a false statement?

"Exercises that focus on the pectoral muscles, such as bench pressing, can help your chest appear stronger and firmer. This occurs because the pectoral muscles help to support the breast tissue, which means that they allow the breast tissue to sag more if they are weak."

I lift. My boobs got perkier. Call me crazy.

Edited to add: I had results lifting heavy, 45lbs+.
  • fitandskinnygal
    Options
    I heard that jumping on trampolines help
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Luck or surgery.

That's bro science!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Surgery and push up bra's.
    This may not be an option for you, since you say your boobs are bigger than you like, but I just stopped wearing a bra. Cold turkey. I heard that bras may hinder natural small chest muscles that support the boobs. As I am a smallish A, it wasn't like I needed one, and idgaf if my headlights show every now and then,so I thought why not, I'll give it a try . Fast forward about 6 months later, and I'm showing marked improvement in my girls' perkiness.

yeah gravity doesn't work like that- but thanks for playing.

Not sure what you're getting at, all I know is that my boobs sucked WHILE wearing a bra, and somehow got significantly less sucky after ditching bras, and changing nothing else. You do the math.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Get one of those herbal formulas for enhancing the breasts, they really do work! I have used them, and will do it again at some point. They are actually good for your breasts/female system. Just be sure you are able to follow the (simple) protocol for taking them (ie, you shouldn't be on a fat-loss diet at the same time as using the formula for breast-enhancement).