What is everyone drinking besides water?

Options

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Water, un-sweetened tea (so many different types), coke zero, protien shakes and milk. Other than that I try at all times not to drink my calories
  • Mgregory723
    Mgregory723 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I was a HUGE mt. dew drinker as well. I started last year getting the carbonated flavored water from Walmart and every once in while I had a real dew. After awhile I just stopped drinking mt. dew and drank only the carbonated flavored water. However, I started having these horrible headaches from the Aspartame in it. I tried diet dew and that is okay but it also contains Aspartame so I only having when we go out or if I want a fuzzy drink once in while not every day like I was.

I hated water too but now, I drink tons of water. Sometimes I put Kool-aid water enhancers in my water, Orange crush water enhancers, most of the time I drink it plain and I love it! Once your body gets rid of the sugar and craving of dew you will want to and even like drinking water. Believe me, I never would have thought it possible for me to drink as much water as I do, but I do.

Good luck to you. :drinker:
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I do drink tons of water, but...

I've recently gotten into tea, although I always hated it in the past. I really like flavored tea from Teavana.

In the morning, I sometimes have 1-2 shots of espresso with a cup of unsweetened almond milk.
  • happilysingle69
    happilysingle69 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I prefer tea, or fruition
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of coffee (no sugar) in the morning and through out the day I drink cold water. If I want something with flavor I drink tea. There are teas out there that are "sweeter" tasting than black tea or plain green tea. I have an uncaffeinated orange tea with cinnamon (tetley) or a mint green tea. No sugar or honey in the teas.

Prior to this I was drinking carbonated beverages regularly. I just went cold turkey with them. I was cranky and moody for them for a few days but eventually you stop wanting them. I'm happy with what I have now.

I read about a superficial study that showed how increasing how much water you drink can have an almost regenerative effect on your skin and appearance. As well as decreasing water bloat, which mean you will have less water weight (a trick I used to my advantage in college for weigh ins ).

If you're really adverse to drinking just plain water there have been the suggestions of adding a little lemon juice or fresh cut cucumber to flavor the drink with out adding sugar (really). Those would be a good way to get in the habit.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Green tea with a splash of milk (and honey when I'm sick).
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    jack daniels
  • ashenriver
    ashenriver Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    On a daily basis I drink coffee (black) in the morning, then water.

I don't usually drink anything else, maybe once or twice a week I will have black or rooibos tea.

Out at night, beer and the occasional glass of wine.

Since I started working out more I try and have a glass of milk a day for the nutrition, but not regularly.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, diet soda, beer, Scotch, juice, almond milk, seltzer. . . .

I count it all toward hydration, and calories as needed.
  • phillipedes
    Options
    Cranberry juice cut with water.
    Lemon juice in water.
    Apple Cider Vinegar in water.
    Ginger Tea.
    Peppermint Tea.
    Green Tea.
    Jasmine Tea.
    Any kind of tea, because TEA.
    Yerba Mate and almond milk.
    "Chocolate Milk" (blend: 1 banana, 1 scoop protein powder, 3 -4 tbsps. unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cups almond milk)

oh, and Vodka.
    ...just kidding ;)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Force yourself to drink water. It eventually becomes nice. Takes a long time though.
    Why?
  • ATGsquats
    ATGsquats Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Diet Snapple Green Tea
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I still drink regular cocoa-cola but I make it a special treat one day of the week because it takes allot out of my total carbs for the day.

Other than that to be honest I do not drink many normal drinks besides water. I "drink" my green smoothie every morning which is usually strawberry/mango flavored, which is good, if that counts.

I did drink hot chocolate today because it was frickin -5 degrees outside and I'm not made for that kinda weather. I about died when I saw how many calories/carbs it was though.
  • mominapex
    Options
    How about flavored seltzer water. It comes in tons of flavors, and it's 0 calories. I buy it in Walmart. They have everything from pineapple, lemon, black cherry, strawberry, etc. I hate water too. Most of the time I drink tea, but I know you said you don't like that. At least the seltzer water has some flavor, and it's got the bubbles like soda.
  • Bane_2014
    Options
    Coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... I pretty much only drink tea and water, not sure I can give any advice here except to make yourself like green tea and water.
  • suejersey
    suejersey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon is always good. But I am addicted to Snapple Diet Green Tea. It has only a very slight taste to it but I love it! Only problem is I think they may be discontinuing it. My store had it on half price sale for months and I would buy 8 boxes at a time and now there are no more. The 4C Diet Green Tea is okay but the Snapple is yum! Doesn't have an aftertaste, in my opinion, at all.

Also Crystal Light Pomegrante something (can't remember the other part) isn't bad either.
  • sjahay
    sjahay Posts: 6
    Options
    I hate water, also, but find if I get it really cold, and add some lemon or other fruit to it, I can tolerate it. I drink a lot of that right now. I'll have a cup or two of coffee in the mornings. I'm trying to kick my coke zero habit, so I might have one of those a day, but I'm trying hard not to.
  • svsl0928
    svsl0928 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I drink water, crystal light and sparkling ice water.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Unsweet ice tea with lemon, or wine :).