Why do you want to lose weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I refuse to accept that getting older means my standard weight will increase.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Because I will feel better about myself and look hotter and be able to do more and be easier to carry and be stronger and.... all kinda cool stuff.
  • HappyMeLovely
    HappyMeLovely Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    To feel better about myself, look better, be able to buy clothes that I actually like, reduce the pain, have more energy, build confidence and self esteem, to stop being one of the biggest people in the room, to be more respected, to have people stop avoiding eye contact or smiling when I look their way, for better health, to feel accomplished, and lots more.
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    Because I'm fat.

That's about it. :wink:

Being overweight, for me personally, has meant being less able to do the things I enjoy. It is hard when you are carrying an extra 50 pounds on your body. I don't like the heart palpitations, the increased heart rate when I walk up a few steps, or the joint/foot pain. It is no fun!
  • allana1111
    allana1111 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    to be sexy
  • briannashaw_
    briannashaw_ Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to lose weight to be healthy and toned for the most part! I also want to look good for prom and graduation and look amazing for the summer, as well as fitting in clothes from my favorite stores at the mall. :smile:

SW: 193
    CW: 175
    GW: 135
    UGW: 115-120
    Height: 5'2
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    My health (my dad was diagnosed with type II diabetes at 42, my mom has been borderline for several years, both have numerous health problems now as they're reaching 60...I don't want to end up like them)
    My confidence (I've always been the girl with no friends/who never goes out...it would be nice to not feel like dressing up will be a chore)
    To buy something where the size does not start with a 2-
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Because I don't want to be my mom.

When my mom was young, she was very pretty. She wore makeup, and liked pretty clothes, and did her hair, and went places.

And then she started to gain weight. Not much at first, but slowly it began to add up. And it was like watching her slowly lose herself. She stopped wearing makeup. She showered less and less frequently. She never did her hair - she rarely even BRUSHED her hair. She went out with her clothing on inside out or backwards because she stopped looking in mirrors. She'd wear her clothing until they were almost indecent with holes and stains because she hated to shop for herself. It was so sad, and embarrassing for us, her children.

And I never want to be that. To me, gaining weight is the first step on that path. I can see it. So as soon as I stop fitting my clothing well, I know I need to get things back in order. Because I never want to care so little about myself that I don't even check to see if my clothes are on right before I go out. Maybe it's a little vain, but it's a fear I've held for a long time.