The best gym equipment for weight loss?

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

"Victim card"? Seriously?

I expected the book to be at least somewhat helpful. It was not even slightly helpful. I read it, thought I had a good idea of what I was doing, walked into the gym and found that it was a waste of money and time. And as I said, others have since backed me up on that -- people who actually lift regularly and know their stuff.

I'm not asking for my money back. I'm not going to sue the writer or publisher. I'm simply stating it isn't what it's touted to be and trying to save someone else the trouble.

and yet here we stand with a bunch of other people, some of them complete beginners, who were able to read the book and figure out how to implement the program even tho they had no prior knowledge of free weight and exercises.

must be magic
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I expected the book to be at least somewhat helpful. It was not even slightly helpful. I read it, thought I had a good idea of what I was doing, walked into the gym and found that it was a waste of money and time. And as I said, others have since backed me up on that -- people who actually lift regularly and know their stuff.

I'm not asking for my money back. I'm not going to sue the writer or publisher. I'm simply stating it isn't what it's touted to be and trying to save someone else the trouble.

and yet here we stand with a bunch of other people, some of them complete beginners, who were able to read the book and figure out how to implement the program even tho they had no prior knowledge of free weight and exercises.

must be magic

maybe they got the popup version?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Trick question! No equipment helps you lose weight. Calorie deficit does.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and look for this machine in your gym.

squat_rack.jpg

And do StrongLifts or NROL in it

/ thread
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I expected the book to be at least somewhat helpful. It was not even slightly helpful. I read it, thought I had a good idea of what I was doing, walked into the gym and found that it was a waste of money and time.

Don't you "know" things?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    FWIW I like Starting Strength better for explaining the nitty gritty of the big lifts.

Me too. Great book. It should be the starting point for anyone getting into weight lifting.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Well, speaking only for myself... I'm obviously a genius.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Eat at a deficit and look for this machine in your gym.

squat_rack.jpg

And do StrongLifts of NROL in it

QFT. I'm kinda sad we don't have this machine, but I'm making do for now.

I wish I had this in my house. I wouldn't have to ever wait for a squat rack at the gym again.

Just wait, in a couple weeks you should start seeing these popup for sale on Craigslist and eBay everywhere.

I wouldn't think a squat rack would be something resolutioners would be buying, but I hope so.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

must be magic

maybe they got the popup version?

shrug- mine came with the little veluour velcour sunday school things that you put on the felt board.... so I feel like I cheated!