I lost 100 lbs!! My Success Story!

Options
chele1028
chele1028 Posts: 248 Member
I did it!! I actually did it!! I made it to my goal of losing 100 pounds today!!

I have lost 42.19% of my starting weight. I went from a starting BMI of morbidly obese (42- gasp!) to severely obese, to obese, to overweight and now to a HEALTHY BMI of 24! It took me 28 months to do this, with plateaus here and there, but I never gave up and I did it the healthy way! Who knew, all I had to do was exercise and eat right, that's it! No special diet, no pills, just 100% the healthy way. This is a lifestyle change and I will continue on this path for the rest of my life! Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now. I didn't let excuses get in the way anymore, excuses get you nowhere! If I had time to watch TV and time to eat junk food then I also could make time to exercise and prepare healthy things to eat.

When I first set out to take a walk, I remember seeing my shadow on the sidewalk and thinking wow, is that a tree on either side of me?? No, it was me, all of me! (Sigh) I went to the gym 6 days a week from the very start, sometimes 7, and even on holidays at times. I have made some very special friendships at the gym and they make exercising all the more fun. I love you girls!!

This website has been the most helpful and biggest part of my success to date!! I could not have had the success I have had without it! I feel lucky to have the great support from friends on here, you know who you are, and I love you all!

I never cared for running, at all, but last year I completed four 5K races and I jogged the whole way! I do it because... I can! When I don't make it to the gym, I will go take a 3 mile walk and jog outside. I look forward to my 5th 5K next month.

As I move forward now, I will work on getting to the mid range of this healthy BMI, and focus on reducing my body fat % and lose more inches. Look out weights, it is on more than ever now!

Oh, and that smaller shadow that I see now on the sidewalk when I am jogging? Yes, it's me, all of me!! :)

I am 5'3" and started at 237 lbs and am 137 lbs today!

54upua.jpg9fqips.jpg

Replies

• Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    thats amazing Great work!!
  • Zomb1eMummy
    Zomb1eMummy Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    WOW amazing! Great job!
  • JuneyJo
    JuneyJo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    WOO HOO!!! :flowerforyou: That is an amazing victory and I'm so glad that you're proud of yourself!!! You DID do it the right way and that means you'll maintain this better, healthier lifestyle as you said. SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!
  • westguy27
    westguy27 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is an absolutely amazing success story! Well done! All your hard work has paid off. Your story motivates me to do the same thing!
  • pukekolive
    pukekolive Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    bump for inspiration as your starting stats match my current stats!
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look amazing wtg
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    WOW!! congratulations on your accomplishments!!
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! You look amazing!!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great job!
  • Whorleybabe
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for the motivation too! :smile:
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    F A B U L O U S!!!! Goes to show it 'can' be done, an inspiration to others who feel that it 'can't'.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congratulations on your success!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Okay someone lift my jaw off the ground !!

Amazing!! Your such an inspiration to me .
  • erictheroux2013
    Options
    Great story
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Congrats on reaching 100lbs lost! You are look amazing and so pretty!
  • JenX15
    JenX15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!! This is where I want to see myself in a year! I am have been yo-yo-ing for the last few months. This is definitely what I needed to see. Congratulations to you!!!!!
  • PattyLerner
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • TinTinTin111
    TinTinTin111 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations! :smile:
  • susanfrancis40
    susanfrancis40 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Fantastic xx
  • shannonpatterson87
    Options
    Awesome job! Congratulations.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!