Cougar > negative? sexy? huh?

Options

Replies

• DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    We need a standard definition of cougar.

From Wikipedia

Cougar is a slang term that refers to a woman who seeks sexual relations with considerably younger men. It typically refers to women aged 30–40 years old.[1][2] ABC News states that these women pursue sexual relations with people more than eight years younger than them,[1] while The New York Times states that the women are over the age of 40 and aggressively pursue sexual relations with men in their twenties or thirties.[2] However, the term can also refer to any female who has a male partner much younger than them, regardless of age or age difference.[3][4]

According to that^^^. It's not something I want to be labeled. It's basically the female version of the creepy old guy in the club.

I was under the impression that a cougar is a hot older lady who has the ability to draw in younger men, and therefore prefers to do so. Not some old broad going through a midlife crisis.

I prefer MILF. Even though I am happily married. I worked damn hard to erase any evidence that I had 3 kids. Hahahaha. Compliments are welcome.

Excuse me? Old broad?

Oh my bad. Did I offend you? Are you an old broad going through a mid life crisis or a hot older lady getting hit on by young chaps?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

From Wikipedia

Cougar is a slang term that refers to a woman who seeks sexual relations with considerably younger men. It typically refers to women aged 30–40 years old.[1][2] ABC News states that these women pursue sexual relations with people more than eight years younger than them,[1] while The New York Times states that the women are over the age of 40 and aggressively pursue sexual relations with men in their twenties or thirties.[2] However, the term can also refer to any female who has a male partner much younger than them, regardless of age or age difference.[3][4]

According to that^^^. It's not something I want to be labeled. It's basically the female version of the creepy old guy in the club.

I was under the impression that a cougar is a hot older lady who has the ability to draw in younger men, and therefore prefers to do so. Not some old broad going through a midlife crisis.

I prefer MILF. Even though I am happily married. I worked damn hard to erase any evidence that I had 3 kids. Hahahaha. Compliments are welcome.

Excuse me? Old broad?

Oh my bad. Did I offend you? Are you an old broad going through a mid life crisis or a hot older lady getting hit on by young chaps?

lol...read what you wrote again.
  • DjinnMarie
    Options

From Wikipedia

Excuse me? Old broad?

Granted, it's late, but I'm failing to see the problem here?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

From Wikipedia

Excuse me? Old broad?

*shrugs*

Read it again when you are more awake then.

Hint:
    - re-check out your interpretation of the wiki definition

Also, a clue may be in your question to me. Either/or? How about neither.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

From Wikipedia

Excuse me? Old broad?

I read it 5 times. What's the problem?

Already responded to the person who wrote it.
  • DjinnMarie
    Options

From Wikipedia

Excuse me? Old broad?

*shrugs*

Hint:

Since the wiki article didn't include the modifier of "hot" in their description, coupled with "aggressively seeking" men decades younger, to ME, it gives off the "old broad going through a mid life crisis vibe". It doesn't convey to me that a cougar is a classy, good looking older woman accepting the advances of studs. Which was the impression that I originally had.

And my question to you, while presented poorly, was basically me trying to say...."if you aren't an old broad going through a midlife crisis, unwad your panties because you have no reason to be offended. "
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I dont care what words used, older = more experienced! eat me alive anyday! or vica versa :drinker: :blushing:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

From Wikipedia

Excuse me? Old broad?

*shrugs*

Hint:

Since the wiki article didn't include the modifier of "hot" in their description, coupled with "aggressively seeking" men decades younger, to ME, it gives off the "old broad going through a mid life crisis vibe". It doesn't convey to me that a cougar is a classy, good looking older woman accepting the advances of studs. Which was the impression that I originally had.

And my question to you, while presented poorly, was basically me trying to say...."if you aren't an old broad going through a midlife crisis, unwad your panties because you have no reason to be offended. "

I was reading the whole piece you quoted rather than part of it so did not understand how you came to your interpretation (and still do not even though your point is clearer now you have so kindly explained), however, thank you for your concern about my underwear but they are fine.
  • Buksh12
    Options
    I was reading the whole piece you quoted rather than part of it so did not understand how you came to your interpretation (and still do not even though your point is clearer now you have so kindly explained), however, thank you for your concern about my underwear but they are fine.

Prove they are fine.... jokes
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I don't identify that way because I think it implies predatory and I'm not, but I don't find the term terribly offensive either.
  • Buksh12
    Options
    I think it depends on the person...it could be taken as an insult or as a compliment i think it depends on how the person decides to take it *giggety* i always pause/ hesitate with the word older or mature... they both sound almost negative too! if someone younger is hitting on you.. just enjoy it! :)
  • LKL79
    LKL79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think I'm heading into courgar territory, and I'm completely okay with that!!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I run like the wind......more like a cheetha here.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

I consider anyone over 30 who chase younger men to be a cougar. I never once viewed it as a derogatory term though.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

I consider anyone over 30 who chases younger men to be a cougar. I never once viewed it as a derogatory term though.

Yet you use the term "chases."
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    People started referring to me as "an older woman" at about age 31. Yes, kind of ridiculous, but true.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with dating a cougar as long as she takes care of herself. I've met very attractive 45 year olds at bars and clubs in the past. They stay thin, dress nice, are talkative, and usually always have fake boobs. There's something to be said about aging gracefully. I think that dating younger men is reward for an older woman who takes care of herself.

However, on the flip side, older women don't invoke the same type of sexual response that a 22 year old does for me. Again, that's just personal preference.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    People started referring to me as "an older woman" at about age 31. Yes, kind of ridiculous, but true.

See? Right there!!! I get the same damn thing. How can I be old at 31? It doesn't make any sense to me. I still get carded everywhere, but I'm the old girl. Sheesh!