Cougar > negative? sexy? huh?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    People started referring to me as "an older woman" at about age 31. Yes, kind of ridiculous, but true.

See? Right there!!! I get the same damn thing. How can I be old at 31? It doesn't make any sense to me. I still get carded everywhere, but I'm the old girl. Sheesh!

I'm 35 (apparently), the drinking age is 19. I still get carded because they say that I look 18. Anyway, I'm happily married, these things are not a worry for me. I was always interested in men my age or a tad older. I just like mental and emotional maturity and intelligence. As long as that is all in place, age doesn't matter. My husband had all that when I met him when he was in his 20's. Along with being adventurous and playful. And he still is. That's also important. Mature in the right ways and young in the fun ways.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    <
    COUGAR. I'm 21 years older than my boyfriend and we are loving it !!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

I consider anyone over 30 who chase younger men to be a cougar. I never once viewed it as a derogatory term though.

So young women shouldn't "chase" young men? :angry:
  • nutellabrah
    Options
    <
    COUGAR. I'm 21 years older than my boyfriend and we are loving it !!!

Congratulations!!

You're living the dream!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    People started referring to me as "an older woman" at about age 31. Yes, kind of ridiculous, but true.

See? Right there!!! I get the same damn thing. How can I be old at 31? It doesn't make any sense to me. I still get carded everywhere, but I'm the old girl. Sheesh!

Right! At 31, you are a young lady. If this were the Dark Ages, then 31 would be "old," but not when people are living into their 80s and 90s.
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    Personally, I like it...I've been one and don't care who knows it. My guy now is older than me, but that's ok too. :happy: :tongue:
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Depends how much younger the guy is!!
    Personally I find it offensive, it suggests a predatory nature. I never chase younger men, they pursue me

You are 35. That's hardly cougar territory.

Haha! I agreement I consider cougar anyone over 40 or 45

35-45 is Puma status.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I agree that it can depend on who is saying or what's implied.

Sometimes men over 40 just don't do. :wink:

Oh men over 40 ALWAYS do.... I like 'em old baby! :drinker:
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Depends what way it is said in.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

Dear god, that comment just sent my mind to the Playboy guy....
    -shudder-

-backs away from thread slowly-
  • ShutupndMovee257
    ShutupndMovee257 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    speaking of Cougars, yesterday at the gym.... well let's just say I got the phone number and next hopefully first date. :-) not sure if it's a compliment or not but this was definitely a beautiful cougar. Lol
    Options

-shudder-

LOL oh you'll have to fill me in on that one... I'm apparently unaware.

Also, people say they want to be a MILF but what if you haven't had any kids? Can't be a MILF without kids. Are we just Old Maids?
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    speaking of Cougars, yesterday at the gym.... well let's just say I got the phone number and next hopefully first date. :-) not sure if it's a compliment or not but this was definitely a beautiful cougar. Lol

89K9FIO.gif
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options

-shudder-

Also, people say they want to be a MILF but what if you haven't had any kids? Can't be a MILF without kids. Are we just Old Maids?
    Hugh Hefner...

daa1befaefd698c8a20a51fcf815c784.png

Now... Be right back so I can stick a flaming fork in my eye! :bigsmile:
    Options

-shudder-

Hugh Hefner...

daa1befaefd698c8a20a51fcf815c784.png

Now... Be right back so I can stick a flaming fork in my eye! :bigsmile:

OHHHHH I thought you were talking about some *kitten* on the forums and calling him the Playboy guy hahaha. Duh! Hugh ha.

No, not THAT old. I mean I prefer someone around 5-8 years older than me.
  • sprinthard
    Options
    Its a compliment!!!!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Andy Rooney-
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.
    If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.
    A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.
    Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
    Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
    A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
    Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.
    A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
    Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
    Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.
  • RockWarrior84
    RockWarrior84 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I think I'm heading into courgar territory, and I'm completely okay with that!!

so am I
  • Amazonbella
    Options
    Here's the Urban Dictionary Definition:

An older woman who frequents clubs in order to score with a much younger man. The cougar can be anyone from an overly surgically altered wind tunnel victim, to an absolute sad and bloated old horn-meister, to a real hottie or milf. Cougars are gaining in popularity -- particularly the true hotties -- as young men find not only a sexual high, but many times a chick with her **** together.

LOL take from it what you want! :)

Oh and if you are in your 30's you are NOT a "Cougar" You are a "PUMA"
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Andy Rooney-
    As I grow in age, I value women who are over forty most of all. Here are just a few reasons why: A woman over forty will never wake you in the middle of the night to ask, “What are you thinking?” She doesn’t care what you think.
    If a woman over forty doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it’s usually something more interesting.
    A woman over forty knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of forty give a hoot what you might think about her or what she’s doing.
    Women over forty are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.
    Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
    A woman over forty has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn’t trust the guy with other women. Women over forty couldn’t care less if you’re attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won’t betray her.
    Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over forty. They always know.
    A woman over forty looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women. Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over forty is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
    Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one! You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
    Yes, we praise women over forty for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of forty-plus, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some twenty-two-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, “Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free,” here’s an update for you. Now 80 percent of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it’s not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

Nice