Where are my rowers out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I don't own a rower as those things are freaking expensive but I am acompetitive Sprint kayaker, do regularly 7-10Ks a few times a week when teh water's warm enough, so starting in April and ending in October. On the days with no weights or anything (again still in the summer) when teh weather's ab d we'll stay indoors and use a KayakPro SpeedStroke and do Speedwork, distance and whatnot
  • syamkolli
    syamkolli Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy rowing also and no matter how much I row I always find myself dripping with sweat after a good row. Rowing and running machines are the only machines that I find time effective (for burning max calories). Normally I row between 30 and 60 minutes per day averaging 2:00 split. Normally I try to keep an SPM of between 19 and 24.

Concept2 is genuinely the best piece of equipment in any gym, I wouldn't even dream of going to a gym without a Concept2.
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I was shown the row machine today. I will start off slowwwww. Only a few minutes at a time.
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I wish I had my own erg.
  • sydneybeachgirl
    Options
    i love rowing! both on water and indoors....excellent cardio exercise and great way of toning muscles!
    indoors I usually do it as a warm-up 3x500m or 2000m in one go...but I dont have patience to do it slow :) I use a concept2 and usually do 32spm and get 500m done in 2:07 or so.....after a 1500 I am usually tired enough to want to go for a cylce..sometimes I do 2000...sometimes just 1000...I wish I had more patience and be able to spend 15mins or more on the indoor rower and cover more distances but that is what outdoor rowing is for. I dont get to do outdoor rowing as much as I would prefer to - about 1x a month- and sometimes it is a kayak instead of rowing but it is still good :)
  • JCLondonUK
    Options
    Another happy rower here. I've got one at home (not a concept 2, but a decent one) and try for 30-45 minutes in the morning before work. I really like it! :smile: