Advice Please on Alcohol

Options
12346»

Replies

• RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I have been drinking about two glasses of wine a day just since I started eating at a calorie deficit. Previously I rarely drank (just coincidence) I reached my goal weight with this daily habit and have managed to maintain my weight since also:)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Hi i am back trying to loose weight again.....i am after some advice please.

The big question is are all calories the same, ie if I choose to have a couple of glasses of wine instead of a sandwich, will this still be counted as the same calorie content and will I still loose weight at the same rate, or is there something else I need to be aware of with Alcohol calories.

:drinker:

The short answer - calories in vs. calories out.

However - it's not very healthy to 'drink your meal' every night. I'm sure that's not what you mean. Alcohol, as with everything,...in moderation.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Alcohol sucks.
  • spacelump
    spacelump Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You might consider lower calorie options for your alcohol intake. Someone suggested this site to me and it's come in handy: http//www.getdrunknotfat.com. Also, prepare a light dinner prior, eat, wait an hour or so for it to begin digesting and breaking down calories to fuel and then have a small amount of alcohol. Drink TONS of water to help flush toxins. Prepare for the fact that you are likely to have post drinking munchies. I find pretzels and yogurt help fill my salty/sweet cravings.

You can still drink and lose. But you have to plan it out and be responsible about your intake still.
    Ideally don't do so more than twice a week and workout! If I have an extra 600 calories from working out, then I treat myself to a vodka tonic or two, but that's it.

I've lost 9 lbs and still have drank. But who knows? I might have to stop when I get closer to my goal. Oh, and do expect the scale will not be in your favor the following morning. Bloat, bloat, bloat.