You know what I hate more than anything, I hate......

Options

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Some of us are just smarter than the rest of you people...

tumblr_livhi6uXLd1qi7deco1_500.gif

OP: tumblr_lm0erg5bzT1qdlkgg.gif
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    OP, how big is your beaver?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    i get it. i'm not a fan either.

but, just so we're clear, someone can have a belief and/or opinion - and that's fine as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. But if their opinion is wrong and potentially dangerous to themselves then maybe people are just trying to help. To use hyperbole in an example:

"I am going to go on the antifreeze diet! 1 glass of antifreeze for breakfast and one for dinner with a normal lunch!"

"um, that will kill you."

"that's, just like, your opinion, man. this is the miracle i've been looking for, in my opinion!"

too often people get angry on here because people will state their "opinions" on eating certain things or a certain way that are either unnecessary or potentially harmful.and they ask for advice or want to talk about it and someone has the audacity to come into their public thread on an internet forum and say "pump your brakes, kiddo. this could be unhealthy and dangerous."

"WELL NOBODY ASKED YOU?" and "WHY CAN'T YOU BE SUPPORTIVE?" are common responses...but open forum is open. and the irony is that the person telling them not to drink the anitfreeze is actually being supportive in trying to get them pointed in the right direction.

now break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!

ah, screw it, gimme the whole thing.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    The most anoying part of their sermons, if you don't feel the exact same way they do, you are an ignoramous, an idiot, an uneducated dolt.
    There are lots of experts on here who essentially are well versed in nutrition and fitness who give solid advice that lots of people will first disagree with. Some may come off as *kitten* in their delivery, but their information is correct. I think it has more to do with how it's perceived rather than if it's right or not.
    People have a right to their opinions and their beliefs.
    True, but if trying to give out advice on a public forum ends up being incorrect, then having it corrected usually seems to that person sometimes act immaturely.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    prudes. and prunes. and prudes that eat prunes. they're the worst.
    Moles and trolls.
    What?
    Moles and trolls moles and trolls. Work, work, work, work, work. We plan this thing for weeks and all THEY wanna do is study. I'm disgusted, I'm sorry.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I heard these guys like big beavers... watch out

2454228-primus-cowboy.gif
    l_1f6f99e9.jpg
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Ironic post is ironic.

Don't tell me what to do.

I was thinking the EXACT same thing... LOL!
  • Lovely_77
    Lovely_77 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    i get it. i'm not a fan either.

but, just so we're clear, someone can have a belief and/or opinion - and that's fine as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. But if their opinion is wrong and potentially dangerous to themselves then maybe people are just trying to help. To use hyperbole in an example:

"I am going to go on the antifreeze diet! 1 glass of antifreeze for breakfast and one for dinner with a normal lunch!"

"um, that will kill you."

"that's, just like, your opinion, man. this is the miracle i've been looking for, in my opinion!"

too often people get angry on here because people will state their "opinions" on eating certain things or a certain way that are either unnecessary or potentially harmful.and they ask for advice or want to talk about it and someone has the audacity to come into their public thread on an internet forum and say "pump your brakes, kiddo. this could be unhealthy and dangerous."

"WELL NOBODY ASKED YOU?" and "WHY CAN'T YOU BE SUPPORTIVE?" are common responses...but open forum is open. and the irony is that the person telling them not to drink the anitfreeze is actually being supportive in trying to get them pointed in the right direction.

now break me off a piece of that kit kat bar!

ah, screw it, gimme the whole thing.

THIS ^^^^, however, l am not ignoring the fact that there have been a few people whom have started an OPEN FORUM simply to discuss why they think a group of people or just an individual is an uneducated dolt. In which case, that is the place to post what you posted here OP, otherwise, you really are just doing exactly what they are.
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I love that I, the OP, is being attacked. It proves my point to a point.

Is it Ironic, yes. I hope you have fun, and poke fun at me, thats great. I am a big boy, and put on my big boy pants this morning, so I can deal.

The people who constantly attack someones opinion and dissect it are the exact people that I am talking about, you HAVE to be RIGHT, and what you say is Gospel.

More then one way to skin a cat, just saying.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    I just want this on my wall. Like a pretty picture. Okay. Perhaps more like a Jackson Pollock.

There. I like that.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    I just want this on my wall. Like a pretty picture. Okay. Perhaps more like a Jackson Pollock.

There. I like that.

D'oh. Damn you.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    troy_whole_brain_crying.gif
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    mean people thread?
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Is it Ironic, yes. I hope you have fun, and poke fun at me, thats great. I am a big boy, and put on my big boy pants this morning, so I can deal.

The people who constantly attack someones opinion and dissect it are the exact people that I am talking about, you HAVE to be RIGHT, and what you say is Gospel.

So you are saying that when you post an opinion you just want everyone to agree and give a thumbs up?

Sounds to me as you perceive a differing opinion as attacking. I think you may want to try a new pair of pants.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Hypocritical much? Hate? Such a strong word.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options

4432052_9793.jpg

So how many friends do you get with this profile photo?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

No, dear. That is not what's ironic. Nice try, though.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I picture your post sounding and looking something like this
    tumblr_m1bdkqPmAo1rr41sbo1_400.gif \m/
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    WtISRbn.gif
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    ... when dudes lift their arms to try and look yoked when they actually aren't.