My period is gone?

Options
So, I haven't had my period this month (I usually start 15-18th) and it's just gone, I guess. I'm really kinda concerned, anybody have a clue to what's going on? I know it's TMI, sorry. Also I wasn't sure where to put this, so I just posted it here.

Replies

• dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    you know what the answer will be.

1. Go take a pregnancy test.
    2. If you starve yourself your period by stop
    3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.
  • Jordancsmith99
    Jordancsmith99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your pregnant
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    If you are way low on calories that could happen!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    You could be eating too little, your body fat % could be too low, you could be pregnant, there could be something else medical going on, or your body decided it's time to make you panic and when it comes back out of nowhere, you'll breathe again!
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Take a pregnancy test.

If you are not pregnant, you may just be late.

If you are not late and on a very low calorie diet, eat more food.
  • tsaari77
    tsaari77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you've really cranked up your workout schedule and changed your diet, that right there can do it. When I was 18 and started basic training I went 11 months without a period(other than a day here and a day there) and then they resumed to normal.
  • katieefranc0
    Options

3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.
  • sassysmom35
    sassysmom35 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you've ruled out the most obvious...pregnancy, then its quite possibly just an anovulatory cycle which is normal once or twice a year for women. Also have you lost quite a bit of weight? Losing (or gaining) weight affects the female hormone estrogen which controls our monthly cycles. It may take a while for your body to regulate itself again. See what happens next month. If you miss 2 in a row I'd give your doc a call just to rule out anything more serious and he can actually give you meds to jumpstart your period and hopefully get it back on track. Hope this helps...I've been there.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    when i started on here 6 months ago i didnt have a period for like 2 months. i think my body was just in shock. but all is well now.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just saw in another post where you lost your weight by eating dangerously low amounts of food. That will stop a period as well as over exercising.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    It's normal to be late once in a while. I wouldn't worry unless it becomes a pattern.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.

I miss my period all the time. And it's late all the time too. Wait to see if you get it next month, if not, go to your doctor.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    So, I haven't had my period this month (I usually start 15-18th) and it's just gone, I guess. I'm really kinda concerned, anybody have a clue to what's going on? I know it's TMI, sorry. Also I wasn't sure where to put this, so I just posted it here.

Nobody here can tell you why so please call your doctor.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    . <
    there it is.
  • holliebaker90
    holliebaker90 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It can happen. Many women are known to not have a period for 3 months or more. It can result in stress/not enough food/ not enough nutrition/not enough iron in the body. Keep track of it and go to the doctor if it continues to bother you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Anything your body interprets as counterproductive to a healthy pregnancy can cause you to skip a month. This could be a very low percentage of body fat, consuming far too few calories for an extended duration or very high levels of stress.
  • aquadoxi28
    Options
    Being 5'1 and only 103 lbs puts you right on the border of being a normal healthy weight, and being underweight.
    My guess is your calorie intake is too low, you are overexercising, or a combination of these two things.
    Increase your calorie intake by eating healthy fruits and vegetables, and cut back on the exercising to about 3 days a week and see if by next month, your period comes back. I would advise you to speak with your doctor as well to rule out any other health concerns that could cause this issue.
  • florentinovillaro
    florentinovillaro Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    A low body fat % will cause that too =)
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Read about amenorrhea (sp) it can happen as a result of exercising to much and eating too little and can be bad for you. Talk to your doc as suggested by others!
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

Not enough calories or not enough fat intake can both mess up your cycle big time. Over exercising can disrupt it too.