Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, momma.
  • ScottishGirlXO
    ScottishGirlXO Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If your not pregnant, I would go and see your doctor honey. I never got mine for 8 months!!! I left it and left it and was eventually diagnosed with polycystic ovaries syndrome - which results in absent periods.

I'm not saying this is your case but it's better to get checked out. I just thought I wasn't getting them any more. It could be a number of things but then again - it could be nothing :)

Dont panic until you know whats going on with your cycle. X
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    you know what the answer will be.

1. Go take a pregnancy test.
    2. If you starve yourself your period by stop
    3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

Well, I haven't done anything to result in #1...So...it's not that.

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.

Woah! So I can only get pregnant if I have sex with a military recruiter?
    Shoot. I had sex with a miltary recruiter (Marine) for years and no pregnancies. I must be lucky ...

a Marine will punch you if you call them a seaman.... that's probably why

Yup. Punch you straight in the baby maker...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If you're not pregnant, it happens. I skipped a period (for the first time ever) a few months ago. It came back the next month.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

3. Many many different things can affect your cycle, start with #1, if its negative, then go see your doctor.

If you had sex (not necessarily sexual intercourse) with a person who produces seaman in the last 3 months I would still get a home pregnancy test.

Many women get a light period or break through bleeding in the first month of being pregnant.

Are you on any kind of birth control. There are many types that will cause you to miss/have irregular periods.

If you know for certain you are not pregnant, I would wait another month and check with your doctor.

Shoot. I had sex with a miltary recruiter (Marine) for years and no pregnancies. I must be lucky ...

Marine:

Must
    Always
    Ride
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

Just sayin'.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Go see a gynecologist. If you have never skipped or been late before, then this could be a problem. However, the odds are good that you are responding to stress. This could be emotional stress or it could be physical stress if you are not eating enough.
  • jenniferarnold619
    Options
    Like everyone has stated if your body feels it is starving it will stop having a period for self preservation. Though I am not accusing you of an eating disorder, I had a roommate in college who was anorexic and she stopped having a period.

Also, I will try to offer a little peace of mind in that, sometimes when you are young, your period is just irregular. I didn't start having a regular "clock work" period until I was 23. That was 9 years of skipping or having a 33 day cycle. Also, before I went on birth control if I lived with other girls on birth control or had stronger hormones than me, it would mess up my cycle. Every freakin' time. My period followed my mom's cycle through high school. Then I went to college (still a virigin) and missed my period every once in a while and then when I got a roommate on birth control, I had a regular period that followed her cycle. Crazy, but it happens.

If you are really concerned, you need to go to the doctor.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    pregnantspin2956055.gif

if its not that, id say its the VLCD. eat.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Marine:

Must
    Always
    Ride
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

Just sayin'.

:drinker:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

I'm gonna guess it's number 2. STOP DOING THAT.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options

I'm gonna guess it's number 2. STOP DOING THAT.

Agreed. Stop doing #2
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Marine:

Must
    Always
    Ride
    In
    Navy
    Equipment

Just sayin'.

:drinker:
    I can say that because the fiance IS a seaman. But not a recruiter.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Preggo. Immaculate conception. The end is nigh!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

TY, Firstsip! I was trying to think of a good one, but you always make me laugh! :flowerforyou:
  • LaurDavies
    LaurDavies Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you've ruled out the most obvious...pregnancy, then its quite possibly just an anovulatory cycle which is normal once or twice a year for women. Also have you lost quite a bit of weight? Losing (or gaining) weight affects the female hormone estrogen which controls our monthly cycles. It may take a while for your body to regulate itself again. See what happens next month. If you miss 2 in a row I'd give your doc a call just to rule out anything more serious and he can actually give you meds to jumpstart your period and hopefully get it back on track. Hope this helps...I've been there.

^ This. I'm in the same boat as you - I'm definitely eating enough, but I'm exercising a lot more and have gained/lost a fair few pounds in a short amount of time (shakes fist in the general direction of Christmas). My period has so far skipped a month, but it's happened to me before when my weight has been fluctuating significantly, and came back of its own accord within 2-3 months.

Probably isn't anything to worry about, just try not to stress about it (as that can delay things even more) and it will most likely come back by itself :) If it's still not appeared next month then visit your GP to rule out anything else.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you think 4 days late is "gone", it sounds like you might have suspected something was going to cause amenorrhea.
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options

Good answer! Maybe that is because my daughter is your age...lol Seriously if your calories intake is super low for an extended period of time this will result in you body prioritizing the fuel your providing it, and procreation (which is the only reason we menstruate) is not your bodies concern if it is perceiving that you are having a hard enough time to keep yourself healthy.

Also stress can delay your TOM, so can Medicines, illness, and several other factors. You are only a few days late so don't panic yet. I would say if you go longer than a week you should talk to your Gynecologist.
  • emmagiffard5
    emmagiffard5 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This happened to me about 5 years ago, amenorrhea it's called, I lost over 100lbs and wasn't eating very much at the time, I didn't have a period for about 6 months, anyway it happened to me again three years ago but that time for 9 months lol so you either need to eat more or you already have a bun in the oven hehe.
  • hotjodels
    hotjodels Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would take a pregnancy test. if it comes back negative you might have cut your calories too much and need to up them.
    I have the complete opposite problem since I started losing weight, I am having it like 2 times a month and they are full on heavy too. I started back in November and have had it 5 times so far.