Husband does not get it??

Options

Replies

• esquire9
    esquire9 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    whats -40c?

Canadian

Typical american answer - metric is not a "canadian" thing. There's only 3 countries in the world (US and 2 other 3rd world countries) that still use the backwards imperial system, maybe it's time for the US to step it up a notch.

If you dont like it stay out.
    You need all the tourism you can considering your country is on the verge of bankruptcy.

I was going to say something bad about Canada, but I just can't. You gave us Mario Lemieux...

66goal.jpg

... and Sidney Crosby.

03f71crosby28.jpg

You people are beautiful.

Speak for yourself...they also gave us Justin Bieber

LOL winner !
  • loz7801
    loz7801 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd say You must have a pretty good life if this is the **** you're worried about.
  • esquire9
    Options
    What is sarcasm ?
    Lost faith in humanity.................
    4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10.gif
    sarcasm meters need adjusting
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I'd say You must have a pretty good life if this is the **** you're worried about.
    Strong 1rd post
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    whats -40c?

Canadian

Typical american answer - metric is not a "canadian" thing. There's only 3 countries in the world (US and 2 other 3rd world countries) that still use the backwards imperial system, maybe it's time for the US to step it up a notch.

If you dont like it stay out.
    You need all the tourism you can considering your country is on the verge of bankruptcy.

I was going to say something bad about Canada, but I just can't. You gave us Mario Lemieux...

66goal.jpg

... and Sidney Crosby.

03f71crosby28.jpg

You people are beautiful.

Speak for yourself...they also gave us Justin Bieber

LOL winner !

Definitely winner!
  • toolzz
    toolzz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best (hilarious) threads I have ever ha dthe pleasure of reading....some you folks are super funny.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    OP, I think he's onto your little threesome arrangement. Just invite him to join you, already.
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

I disagree that anyone's sarcasm meter is necessarily broken.

Problem with Mfp is that for everyone who is being sarcastic, there is someone being dead serious about an issue. It's not like the OP is exactly Amy Poeler or Tina Fey here. I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her sense of humor is or isn't like. So unless she indicates she is being humorous, I'll just take what her text says at face value and assume she is another random person on the Internet with a "problem" that leaves me scratching my head.
  • starbuxlvr2014
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Problem with Mfp is that for everyone who is being sarcastic, there is someone being dead serious about an issue. It's not like the OP is exactly Amy Poeler or Tina Fey here. I have absolutely no idea who she is or what her sense of humor is or isn't like. So unless she indicates she is being humorous, I'll just take what her text says at face value and assume she is another random person on the Internet with a "problem" that leaves me scratching my head.
    exactly!
  • eaglefish
    eaglefish Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just saying::

The standard Wind Chill formula for Environment Canada is:
    T_{\rm wc}=13.12 + 0.6215 T_{\rm a}-11.37 V^{+0.16} + 0.3965 T_{\rm a} V^{+0.16}\,\!
    where T_{\rm wc}\,\! is the wind chill index, based on the Celsius temperature scale, T_{\rm a}\,\! is the air temperature in degrees Celsius (°C), and V\,\! is the wind speed at 10 metres (standard anemometer height), in kilometres per hour (km/h).[10]

The equivalent formula in US customary units is:[11]
    T_{\rm wc}=35.74+0.6215 T_{\rm a}-35.75 V^{+0.16}+0.4275 T_{\rm a} V^{+0.16}\,\!
    where T_{\rm wc}\,\! is the wind chill index, based on the Fahrenheit scale, T_{\rm a}\,\! is the air temperature, measured in °F, and V\,\! is the wind speed, in mph.[12]
    Windchill temperature is defined only for temperatures at or below 10 °C (50 °F) and wind speeds above 4.8 kilometres per hour (3.0 mph).[11]

Just for curiosity I looked.. The frostbite time @ -40F or -40C is 5 minutes or less.. Not that you'll find me running in those conditions ever!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    he tells you to wear a coat because its cold, and you think he is trying to sabotage you? women logic, i'll never understand it

Logic is...... don't open ya mouth.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best (hilarious) threads I have ever ha dthe pleasure of reading....some you folks are super funny.

I'm having a great laugh this morning. Superb.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Yes, because all the super serious issues are discussed at length........................in Chit, Chat, Fun, and Games
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

There is also the issue of not reading through a thread before commenting. From OP's friends' comments on page 1, it could have been deduced that the OP was entirely tongue in cheek.

(ETA: Not that I'm a "saint" in that department. :blushing:)
  • Jgal8123
    Jgal8123 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Yes, because all the super serious issues are discussed at length........................in Chit, Chat, Fun, and Games

THIS
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

There is also the issue of not reading through a thread before commenting. From OP's friends' comments on page 1, it could have been deduced that the OP was entirely tongue in cheek.

meh - I think we all get a little extra calorie burn from jumping to conclusions now and again
  • silverinc13
    silverinc13 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

No kidding! LOL

meh - I think we all get a little extra calorie burn from jumping to conclusions now and again

That only burns calories if you use a "Jump to Conclusions Mat".
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I say runnnn..... run all the way to your high school sweethearts house.
  • bethyv1030
    bethyv1030 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Maybe he is genuinely worried. -40 Is cold really frickin cold. I'm saying that and I'm from Minnesota :) I think you should put on a coat too, but that's your choice. I would say try it out to wear a coat while running. If he still tries to keep you from running then maybe that's a sign that he is being a little too overprotective.
  • esquire9
    Options

No kidding! LOL

Are you been sarcastic again ? Y`all confusing me !