Orange Theory

Options
13»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how you get $600-$800 a month to spend "on your own".
    Sweet deal.
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post but I want to comment. I am actually going to my 1st OT session this weekend and I know it is going to be the swift kick in the pants I need so I wanted to find the $$$ for a 2/week membership. $100 is nothing to me as I already spend money on other classes. I can't do the gym. I need someone telling me what to do. During my workout not in my everyday life.

He is a boyfriend. He could be gone tomorrow. I would be more considerate of the opinion if I was bound legally to someone and shared a bank account. If my boyfriend EVER told me how I could and could not spend the money I work my butt off for he'd be dealing with a whole lot more than me sneaking to a workout.

I hope you ended up making the best choice for you and thanks for the info!!!
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how you get $600-$800 a month to spend "on your own".
    Sweet deal.

Everyone has different salaries and different monthly responsibilities. I have roughly 1500 discretionary but I am single, no kids, and live a minimalistic lifestyle. I only splurge on my grocery bill and exercise routines. It may also help that I am an accountant and spending money on things without a return gives me cold chills! Happy 4th!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I've been to a complimentary session at OTF and it was superb. I've been involved in a lot of sports and done many types of workouts and the only workout that I've done that was better was in Officer Candidate School (US Army).
    If you can swing the $$ and it motivates you, it's money well spent.
  • Mariabjournal
    Mariabjournal Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started. Same as you I was hooked. It's pricey, but so worth it. I like that each coach has a little difference in each class. But my plan is to get use to working out. I have tried for years and always quit within first week. I get bored easy. My goal is to end up working out in my own at home. But I need to get past the 30 days I hear that street that the body needs the workout, becomes part of your routine. Good luck.
  • mnf5047
    mnf5047 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Orange Theory! Yes, it is pricer than a normal gym, but I can guarantee most people don't work out this hard or diversified at the gym. It's like a personal trainer, only in smaller groups, so you would be paying a little less if not the same price for that at your gym anyway.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I went to Orange Theory for 9 months and do not regret a thing. Lost 75% of the weight I have lost from there. It is not like any regular class at a regular gym. Each day is different so you are always getting something different and working different parts of the body. Yes it is expensive, but was well worth it. If you can afford it, then keep going! Good luck on your journey and enjoy Orange Theory!!!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Orange Theory is. I agree with others that it sounds pretty expensive, but it's your money and if you enjoy the classes then go for it. You aren't married, you're free to do what you want. If your BOYFRIEND not husband thinks it's stupid so be it, it's not his money and he doesn't have to go or concern himself about it. If it's working for you continue.
  • mck125
    mck125 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I joined last week and I'm loving it so far. I'm annoyed that I can't find a way for my workout results to auto-link to MFP.

Anyone figure this one out?
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    If you like it, do it. Why are you even asking? Or listening to your boyfriend? Your health is important. If this gets you to work out and you feel better afterwards, keep it up. Jeez. Seems simple to me.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason a thread from January of 2014 is coming back?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Two issues: 1) Investing in fitness is never a bad idea (I have three gym memberships). 2) You should work on the trust issues you have with your bf.