Richard Simmons

Options
13»

Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have the Richard Simmons Tape, Sweating to the Oldies.
    Watching my Calorie Goal and doing the Tapes
    I have lost 43 pounds.
    Glad we have something in common, some people told me they cannot stand him.
    Well I certainly can stand him if I lose the weight.
  • SweetSweater
    Options
    I just bought all his sweatin to the oldies dvds on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Z0UEV0/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Im pregnant so I thought this would be a great workout to try, I have awesome memories of doing the tapes with my mom as a kid
  • fast_stacie
    fast_stacie Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a few Richard Simmons videos but haven't cracked them out in a few years. They were fun but I always found myself a little too uncoordinated and I'd get frustrated. I will have to try them again.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    OP - congrats on your success! And those videos sure sound fun. I've not heard of Richard Simmons (I'm in the UK), but will have go check the vids out now!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Every year, my manager sponsors a team Halloween costume contest. This past year, my team talked our one guy (who was morbidly obese 7 years ago, but now runs half marathons. He fainted after his second marathon so his wife won't let him run those anymore - he is one of my weight loss heroes) into dressing up as Richard and the rest of us dressed in our work out clothes and we played Sweatin to the Oldies. A couple of the ladies made signs that said, "We love you, Richard!" and "Richard, you're my hero!" We won the contest. LOL!

OP - I am proud of you!!!! Keep it up!
  • marynb67
    marynb67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My local public library carries some of his DVDs and many others, so that might be a good place to check. Plus, it's nice to be able to try out different fitness DVDs and find one I like before buying. :smile:
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I just bought Sweatin to the Oldies also. Can't wait to get them and start.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I did Richard Simmons tapes when I was a kid in the 80s. A workout is a workout and if it motivates you and you lost 112 lbs. AWESOME! I personally prefer other workout videos.
  • JoanneC1216
    Options
    I have never done his workouts but I remember him very well.

Great job!! Keep it up!
  • maryseb63
    maryseb63 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My g/fl had those tapes. And I lost 90 lbs doing them. One morning we did him, then the next day was Billy Bank?? Taebo. Were great workouts. I have it on vcr tapes, but no vcr :). Will have to find a dvd of him.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I love him! Anyways his tapes are the only exercise I have done along with watching calories! So far have lost an amazing 112pds!! Anyone else doing his tapes?? If not you are missing out on a fun work out!!

330d176.jpg

Congratulations on your success! Maybe you could start a Richard Simmons group here at mfp?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!