MAKES NO SENCE

Options

Replies

• CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    yeah. chocolate doesn't mean you're going to gain overnight. If you eat a whole bag of fun size snickers in one sitting repeatedly, then probably. Moderation, moderation, moderation!

**sense

Edited to add that people say eat healthy because it is typically more sustainable to eat healthy foods. They have more nutritional content your body craves and will fill you up better than say, a bag of chips will. It's ok to eat foods that aren't so nutritious sometimes, too.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    yes but why does it matter if its healthy or not? as long as your losing weight thats all that really matters , it makes no sence how people say eat healthy eat healthy, when you can still eat junk food and loose weight, IT MAKES NO SENCE

Ok... what you just said makes no sense. 1) your body needs protein to build muscle, repair your skin, etc... your whole body is made of protein so without it you would die. You're not going to get the protein you need from Doritos. 2) your body needs vitamins (iron, vit a, vit b, vit c, vit d, zinc, omegas, etc) for proper organ function, eyesight, healthy nails, hair etc... you will get VERY LITTLE of that from "junk food" 3) Heard of Diabetes? Heart Disease? Lots of other similar nasty things? Yep... that's another reason to eat MOSTLY healthy.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    lol
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    The short answer is Yes.

However, it truly depends on if you can handle it or not. I know some that can be satisfied with a piece of candy or a scoop of ice cream; and then I know some that have one and cannot stop. I myself fall closer to the first type, though it's best for me to plan out my day early so I know if I have room.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    people say you can lost weight as long as your in a calorie deficit, so can i eat a chocolate bar everyday and if i stay in a defecit can i still loose weight?

Yes, it makes plenty of sence, you will loose weight and still be healthy if you get all your nutriants from other foods!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Yes. Someone on my FL does just that.

*raises hand*

Anyone have a Snickers?

156.jpg
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Yeppers. And bacon too.....or chocolate covered bacon to get both at the same time.

Seriously, unless you plan on never eating chocolate ever again why not practice moderation?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Yes! I eat dessert every night usually pie!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yeth....\m/
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    yes but why does it matter if its healthy or not? as long as your losing weight thats all that really matters , it makes no sence how people say eat healthy eat healthy, when you can still eat junk food and loose weight, IT MAKES NO SENCE

From the standpoint of weight loss in a vacuum, it doesn't matter at all what you eat. Just so long as you eat fewer calories than your body needs. For health, your body needs a certain level of macro and micro nutrients. Chocolate doesn't necessarily provide a whole lot of these. Chocolate is also very calorie dense-meaning a small volume of it is a lot of calories. For the most part, eating lean proteins, veggies, etc will yield a much higher volume of food, and substantially more in the way of micronutrients (and macros other than carbs) than chocolate does. But chocolate isn't bad, and if you meet your macro and micro nutrient needs and still have calories you can consume and be at the desired deficit, then why not enjoy some chocolate?
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

People say you should eat healthy foods because it's, you know, healthy. You can certainly lose weight eating nothing but junk, but you won't be getting all the nutrients you need and eventually you will have problems.

I don't think there's anything wrong with "junk" or process foods, but you need to balance those things with healthy foods like fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, fish, etc.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    yes but why does it matter if its healthy or not? as long as your losing weight thats all that really matters , it makes no sense how people say eat healthy eat healthy, when you can still eat junk food and loose weight, IT MAKES NO SENSE

Because some people want to be healthy, not just weigh less. Some people have athletic goals.

That said, If you eat primarily 80% nutritious foods, the other 20% doesn't really matter much.

But keep in mind that the less food you eat, the more important that food is.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'd probably cry real tears if I couldn't eat ice cream, pizza, fast food (endless list of awesome foods?). I just make sure my macros are balanced and within my deficit :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    You sure can! Let's see today I'm having a Twix Ice cream bar, might even have a Milky Way Ice cream bar too, I think it might finish my day perfectly I don't think it's stopped me from losing weight, and for those that say that's "unhealthy" I'll take the fact that my complete blood test results came back and every one improved greatly as a sign that I'm on the right track.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Makes perfect sense to me.
  • javid0
    javid0 Posts: 15
    Options
    OK SO:MY WEIGHT LOSS DEFECT CALORIES ARE 2250

A SNICKERS BAR HAS 250 CALORIES,

IF I EAT:

6 CHICKEN BREAST 150G PROTEIN, 600 CALORIES,
    THEN WITH THE REMAINING 1650 CALORIES EAT 6 SNICKERS BARS

WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT AND MAINTAIN MUSCLE, I HIT THE 150G PROTEIN I NEED FOR MUSCLE MAINTENANCE WHY SPEND THE REST OF MY CALORIES EATING RICE AND PASTA WHEN I COULD EAT SNICKERS BARS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT , JUST BECAUSE IM NOT GETTING FIBER FROM FRUIT AND ALL THAT OTHER **** WHY DOES IT MATTER , AS LONG AS IM IN A DEFECIT I CAN LOSE WEIGHT?
  • tayloryay
    tayloryay Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The spelling in here is physically painful.

In response to the all caps madness, you'll probably be really hungry on that "diet" and end up eating more than you intended. 6 snickers is not going to be as filling as actual, rounded meals. Eat whatever you want, but when you're hungry all day, exhausted, and your skin is broken out, don't come crying to us!
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Your spelling makes no sense.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Look at your overall diet, don't just focus on one isolated food.

If you are getting enough protein (for maintaining muscle), enough fat (for hormones), enough vitamins and other micronutrients, why does it matter if you also eat a candy bar? You don't get bonus points for going over what your body needs on vitamins - you just pee them out.

So if you want chocolate, have an overall balanced diet and can fit it in your calorie goal, eat it.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    OK SO:MY WEIGHT LOSS DEFECT CALORIES ARE 2250

A SNICKERS BAR HAS 250 CALORIES,

IF I EAT:

6 CHICKEN BREAST 150G PROTEIN, 600 CALORIES,
    THEN WITH THE REMAINING 1650 CALORIES EAT 6 SNICKERS BARS

WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT AND MAINTAIN MUSCLE, I HIT THE 150G PROTEIN I NEED FOR MUSCLE MAINTENANCE WHY SPEND THE REST OF MY CALORIES EATING RICE AND PASTA WHEN I COULD EAT SNICKERS BARS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT , JUST BECAUSE IM NOT GETTING FIBER FROM FRUIT AND ALL THAT OTHER **** WHY DOES IT MATTER , AS LONG AS IM IN A DEFECIT I CAN LOSE WEIGHT?

found the bb dot commer.