• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    OK SO:MY WEIGHT LOSS DEFECT CALORIES ARE 2250

A SNICKERS BAR HAS 250 CALORIES,

IF I EAT:

6 CHICKEN BREAST 150G PROTEIN, 600 CALORIES,
    THEN WITH THE REMAINING 1650 CALORIES EAT 6 SNICKERS BARS

WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT AND MAINTAIN MUSCLE, I HIT THE 150G PROTEIN I NEED FOR MUSCLE MAINTENANCE WHY SPEND THE REST OF MY CALORIES EATING RICE AND PASTA WHEN I COULD EAT SNICKERS BARS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT , JUST BECAUSE IM NOT GETTING FIBER FROM FRUIT AND ALL THAT OTHER **** WHY DOES IT MATTER , AS LONG AS IM IN A DEFECIT I CAN LOSE WEIGHT?

Because eventually you'll feel pretty lousy if you get most of your calories from Snickers bars. Jeez, at least throw a some Doritos or pork rinds in there.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    2mp0nlx.jpg
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    They refer to that as IIFYC - If It Fits Your Calories
  • Jkn921
    Jkn921 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    If you aren't willing to comprehend and READ what people are telling you, try again some other time. It seems like you don't want to put in the work...which is relatively easy (key words: Calorie Deficit).
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Meh, 2/10. Would not read again.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

IF I EAT:

WILL STILL LOSE WEIGHT AND MAINTAIN MUSCLE, I HIT THE 150G PROTEIN I NEED FOR MUSCLE MAINTENANCE WHY SPEND THE REST OF MY CALORIES EATING RICE AND PASTA WHEN I COULD EAT SNICKERS BARS AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT , JUST BECAUSE IM NOT GETTING FIBER FROM FRUIT AND ALL THAT OTHER **** WHY DOES IT MATTER , AS LONG AS IM IN A DEFECIT I CAN LOSE WEIGHT?

Because you are actually asking 3 questions.

Q1: If you are in a deficit, will you lose weight?
    A1: YES. A deficit is all that is required for weight loss.

Q2: Why eat other stuff?
    A2: For HEALTH. Vitamins, fiber, fats, are all needed. Also, to prevent boredom! Just chicken breasts and snickers would get old after a while!

Q3: Can I eat a snickers bar and lose weight and be healthy?
    A3: Yes, as long as (a) you are still in an overall deficit and (b) you've taken care of your body's other needs.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    LOUD NOISES!

Seriously? In the context of a balanced diet, anything is okay in moderation as long as you're in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight. If you eat nothing but chicken and snickers bars (maybe you could do snickers encrusted chicken breasts, eh?), you'd probably feel pretty blah because you're not balancing your nutrients but you would lose weight. Great. Now I want a snickers.
  • daeghrafen
    daeghrafen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a little hard to tell, since you're writing everything in all caps and the like, but it seems like you might be getting a little too worked up about this. Yes, you *could* eat a bunch of chicken and a bunch of Snickers bars every day and still lose weight. Is that a great idea? No. Why? Several reasons. First off, you want to make sure that you eat things that are going to benefit your overall health (health isn't just about weight loss). You want to get proper nutrients and the like, and you want to be sure you're providing your body with what it needs for it to be able to function well. Secondly, most people are not going to feel satisfied if they're eating nothing but chocolate and candy on a daily basis. They'll crave other things (potatoes, maybe, or fresh veggies, or fruit, or who knows what). In response, they're likely to eat more--and if they've already "spent" their calorie budget (so to speak) on Snickers bars and chicken, they then will be eating in excess and not losing weight.

All that said, as a once in a while thing, yes you can do it without harm. Ages ago when I did Weight Watchers (back when I lost my *first* 50 lbs; working on the remaining 50 now...), I had an occasional day where I would spend my entire points budget on things like donuts or chocolate bars or whatever just because I wanted to. I'm trying to avoid that kind of thing now because it leaves me feeling drained and blah, but nonetheless, I did it several times and it never affected my weight loss negatively so long as I was staying within my points/calorie budget. So, yeah, it's totally doable; it just isn't necessarily a great idea. (Though something like a square of chocolate a day can be a great thing; it can help give you that sense of not depriving yourself while keeping things in moderation.)
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    If you do decide to eat nothing but chicken and Snickers you're going to want to invest in a good laxative and a Squatty Potty.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

IF I EAT:

Because your body needs more than just protein to function properly. Yes, protein is very important, but so are the other nutrients. This is why you need to exercise moderation when eating ALL foods. If you are getting proper nutrition, there's no reason you can't have 'junk', as long as it's in moderation and within your calorie deficit.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    you can eat what you want as long as you stick to your macros. Eating a chocolate bar will reduce the amount of calories you will have to meet other macro targets. If you exercise though you will have spare calories so a chocy bar or an icecream is fine (as long as you can limit it so you are still at your calorie target for the day :-)
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    YA MAN JUS EAT WHATEVAR YOU WANT AS LONG AS YOI HIT YOUR MICROS
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lqv6l5Q4nM1qglnd4o1_500.gif
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    yes but why does it matter if its healthy or not? as long as your losing weight thats all that really matters , it makes no sence how people say eat healthy eat healthy, when you can still eat junk food and loose weight, IT MAKES NO SENCE
    I think for many people it's not just about losing weight. Sure, if you just ate 1200 calories of chocolate a day, you could lose weight. But how would that impact your overall health? Your heart, your kidneys, your liver, your complexion, your energy levels (aside from those sugar bursts, lol). And I think 1200 calories of roughage & protein would keep you full longer than the chocolate (don't slam me for the 1200, it's just a number I used! heh)
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    MAKES NO SENCE

You know what else makes no scent?

tumblr_lvi80n9pmE1qdku5lo1_250.gif

tumblr_lvi80n9pmE1qdku5lo3_250.gif
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    5jyxdw.gif

IT IS NOT UNHEALTHY. IT IS REQUIRED TO EAT A CANDY BAR OR YOU ARE NOT YOURSELF....

28a6pp0.jpg
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    troll
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    2/10
    Would not read again.

You started out ok but switched personalities half way through.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvz5uoY1Su1qdehu1.gif

:heart: