Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Um. How is it that you still have an account here?

Please seek help.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    This is funny. Yesterday some girl posted she had an addiction to fast food and got her *kitten* handed to her for saying the word addiction. When in fact if she was truly addicted, she would rob, steal, kill to get fast food. I also highly doubt you would steal or kill to get peanut butter, but I see it's ok for you to say addicted. Lmao. That poor girl yesterday.
  • seashell709
    seashell709 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    i love peanut butter too! I just switched to PB2 and it's a great alternative. It's doesn't have the strong peanut butter taste. I love that 2 tbsp is 45 calories compared to my jif natural is 190!

they also make a chocolate peanut butter from PB2 and it's next on my list to try.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I aim for 400 calories a day from peanut butter.
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

What she said.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This is funny. Yesterday some girl posted she had an addiction to fast food and got her *kitten* handed to her for saying the word addiction. When in fact if she was truly addicted, she would rob, steal, kill to get fast food. I also highly doubt you would steal or kill to get peanut butter, but I see it's ok for you to say addicted. Lmao. That poor girl yesterday.

Hey now. There are degrees of addiction. Robbing/stealing/killing would be at the extreme end of the spectrum. Any compulsive behavior could be qualified as an addiction if it interferes with normal daily life activities and relationships and causes harm to self or others. So yeah, I doubt the OP has a true addition to PB (or fast food or cat videos)… but let's not scream "that's not an addiction… THIS is an addiction. I turned tricks for a McRib, for God's sake!!!"
  • millerjuliea2010
    Options
    I love peanut butter, but now have a new love PPB Powdered Peanut Butter 45calories vs 180 plus 2 tablespoons . I mix 2 t dry to little over 1t of water. Celery and the new reduce peanut butter is sooooo GREAT. Also add it to protein shakes. yummy.
  • estatitra
    estatitra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    PB2!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options

Hey now. There are degrees of addiction. Robbing/stealing/killing would be at the extreme end of the spectrum. Any compulsive behavior could be qualified as an addiction if it interferes with normal daily life activities and relationships and causes harm to self or others. So yeah, I doubt the OP has a true addition to PB (or fast food or cat videos)… but let's not scream "that's not an addiction… THIS is an addiction. I turned tricks for a McRib, for God's sake!!!"

i never spoke on the other thread about it. wasnt my opinion. i was just stating what had happened in the other thread. and yes i understand because for the last two weeks i was also "addicted" to butterfingers. seriously, i HAD to have one everyday. Although i would not do crazy shT to get one. must have been the peanut butter in it. hahaha.
  • PoeRaven8991
    Options
    Measure out EXACTLY what you have logged and can eat, put it on a small plate with your crunchy of choice (seriously - eat it with veggies, not bread), and put the container away, in the back of the fridge. Wash the spoon you used.

Don't even think about getting up and getting more.

If you think you want another spoonful, enter the calories first on MFP - 180 calories for a spoonful. (tablespoons are "level", but you and I both know we take big, mounded drippy scoops, LOL)

As far as cravings go...
    Eat an apple instead.
    Eat a carrot instead.
    Drink a full glass of water.
    Go for a walk, and think about other things, practice a language, etc.
    Get AWAY from the kitchen and your house.

Seriously, the last one is so important - I binge eat exclusively when I am at home, usually after 4 PM. When I leave, the desire to eat when I am not hungry also leaves. Environmental conditioning.

EDIT:
    I just read you were looking to live off of 1000 calories per day... don't even bother, you're starving yourself and losing muscle tone. You'll just end up weak, and looking fat even if you don't weigh as much as before. Muscle needs calories, and trust me, you WANT to have muscle tone. You can't have abs, a sleek back, a nice "decolletage", or nice legs without it.

Try getting 1100 calories net and working out for 30 minutes - 1 hour a day, even just walking. By the time you're done, you'll be able to eat around 200 - 300 "extra" calories, because they will be negated by the exercise.

Good luck :)

This is good, sound advice. :flowerforyou:
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I just was having a snack, and planned to eat a moderate amount of peanut butter, and just like every other time, it ended with me eating tons. I might still eat another spoon, haha. I'm a little worried about it affecting me, but I've always been addicted to it, so there's no getting away from it. It won't hurt me every now and then?! Anybody else have the same problem? What can I do to subside my cravings?

I eat big tablespoons of peanut butter on a regular basis. Pretty much 3-4 times a week.
    And I eat spoons of rich, creamy butter every day.

But going from your other threads - that you are losing your period, trying to live off very low calories, taking laxatives and weighing yourself every day - I would say you NEED to get some professional help and quickly.

You are only 18 (and look quite a bit younger) - don't waste some of the best years of your life in thrall to an eating disorder.
    It is not worth it.

Please tell a parent or a friend or a teacher that you need to see a nutritionist.
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I love PB2 as well and I would promote a switch IF she wasn't clearly anorexic. Please get some help. The intense craving honestly is because you are starving yourself.