Exercises to tone upper backs of legs??

Options
I'm trying to get myself out of a 'winter weight gain slump'! lol I've started up walking again (treadmill) and i usually do my workouts on a decent incline. I haven't really had a problem in the past with toning my butt (it's flabby now tho! lol but I know it will tone up eventually with my walking routine). But the backs of my legs under my butt are always jiggly and have that cottage cheese look no matter what, it seems :(
Are there any exercises that will target that area specifically for toning to help get rid of that??

Replies

• girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cardio pilates or Barre/ballet - just do a youtube search and you'll find lots of good videos. The last cardio pilates workout I did was 20 minutes and the backs of my legs were sore for a few days from my butt to my calves.

Also, vinyasa (flow) yoga is really great for your hamstrings and glutes and can help you get the heralded "yoga booty."
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Check these out (there are 2 pages of them):

http://www.blogilates.com/butt/

Free and you can really feel the burn!

Oh and I know she has new on youtube that she hasn't added yet. It was only a few days ago.
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Most people have underdeveloped Hamstrings, which is a reason a lot of people have lower back issues (also a weak core) If you're using any kind of weights, squats and deadlifts is what you need. If bodyweight exercises is your thing, you can do bridges and good mornings.
  • Minou2229
    Minou2229 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Also, vinyasa (flow) yoga is really great for your hamstrings and glutes and can help you get the heralded "yoga booty."

Interesting! thx! I've never heard of vinyasa (flow) yoga; I'm definitely going to look that up! :)
  • scottburger104
    scottburger104 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    kettlebell swings.
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Prone leg curls and donkey kicks
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Are there any exercises that will target that area specifically for toning to help get rid of that??

Exercises don't target fat unfortunately. To increase the muscle that's under the fat, the best way is to follow a full-body strength training program (NROL, Stronglifts, etc).

To reduce the fat layer, reduce your calorie intake and/or increase your activity level.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get myself out of a 'winter weight gain slump'! lol I've started up walking again (treadmill) and i usually do my workouts on a decent incline. I haven't really had a problem in the past with toning my butt (it's flabby now tho! lol but I know it will tone up eventually with my walking routine). But the backs of my legs under my butt are always jiggly and have that cottage cheese look no matter what, it seems :(

Deadlifts.
  • naomijuliette96
    naomijuliette96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Romanian Deadlifts!!! (weights required) Omg these are amazing! Super tough, but you get a lot of great muscle tone!