what was your mistakes that made you gain weight

Options

Replies

• Spiderkeys
    Spiderkeys Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Me was just 1 cheat day, I didnt think it would have a huge difference in weight gain, I expected maybe a 2 Pound increase but instead I get 5 pound gain
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    A combination of bad eating habits, lack of exercise and not having the will power adds up to being over weight. Coupled with a knee injury and there it is.
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I was always thin in high school and didn't have issues with food. When I went to university I just started eating all kinds of crap food (unlimited meal plan) and drinking/partying every night. Ever since then, I have been up and down with my weight. It was my own carelessness that caused me to be in this situation and it's a hard trap to get out of.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Raiding the kitchen after a night of drinking
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not really being conscious of the amount of calories i was consuming on a daily basis. When i started tracking I realized how high my consumption rate was. That and drinking...
  • AshlynG923
    AshlynG923 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Huge restaurant portions, eating just to be polite, and being totally ignorant about calories.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I ate a few too many sweets, Popeyes chicken, and loaves of French bread with cheese for dinner, but overall my diet was pretty healthy and balanced. I definitely enjoyed too much beer and wine. I was eating and drinking just a little too much of everything and barely exercising so didn't offset the extra calories. It was a gradual gain, but It added up to 15lb. more than I wanted.
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think I centered everything around eating...

(ex) Going on a date with Hubby-where are we going to eat? Meeting up with Girlfriends? Where are we going to eat and get drinks? Quality time with the kids- Lets go out for Pizza! Hanging with the Coworkers- Where do you all want to have lunch?

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved food and still do. I just didn't know exactly how much I was putting in my body each time and I would play around with workouts but not do anything consistently.

So now I'm learning from my mistakes...I'm still enjoying my food but in much smaller portions and moving for about 30 minutes each day.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0j6x6qaRn1qcetufo1_500.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Getting pregnant. (I'm kidding of course)

Bulking and not being able to commit to the cutting that was supposed to follow it.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I did nothing and that alone I gained! I wasted 18 years of my life before I realized I wasn't happy. Now all I think about is myself and how healthy I am :)
  • jayj1982
    jayj1982 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was thin in high school and college because I was more active and had almost no money to spend eating out. When I got my first real job, bad food was so convenient, and I actually had money to buy it whenever I wanted. And it was fast! And I could eat as much as I wanted! No wasted time with groceries, cooking, or dishes! And back then I thought this food was so tasty!

So my mistake was not realizing the consequences beforehand from transitioning my then healthy diet and lifestyle to a convenience-based lifestyle. Today I know better, but it's a journey to roll back the affect of 9 years of convenient, bad choices.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    What do you think were your mistakes and why you gained the weight?

I really, really,really like the way certain foods taste.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Recently, It's been lack of caring. I almost always start my day off well but in the evenings, even knowing that I am going over, I just don't stop myself. Of course I beat myself up after I do it too.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ate 5484578645986756344321 servings when I probably should have only had one.

<---Glutton
  • GEMMA_2014
    Options
    I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.
  • golfmanwl
    Options
    Laziness and not caring...

This too for me to some degree.

Especially easy to be that way when you aren't happy in your life.
  • boobeey
    boobeey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    eating a lot of fast food, birth control and no exercise.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Not so much mistake as ignorance of the calorie content of the food I ate. Once I started tracking, problem solved!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Stress, eating once a day, and no exercise. Stress @ work 10 hours a day - I would usually miss breakfast and lunch. Go home and eat a huge meal because I was starving - veg out in front of the tv because I was mentally exhausted and then go to bed.