Replies

• Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Toes are useful for scaling walls, too.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Anybody have issues wearing the toe socks? I have a pair I want to wear for on the weekends with socks. Just wondering how anyone has made out

I wear socks... no issue- they bother me less with toe shoes than with regular cute toe socks for walking around.

I own 3 pairs- I will never go back to toe shoes with no socks again!
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I own many pairs and use them for lifting and running. They are great!
  • KyRiedy
    KyRiedy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My little toe went numb after only a few minutes. I bought new balance trail runners with a vibram sole.
  • Greytfish
    Options
    My little toe went numb after only a few minutes. I bought new balance trail runners with a vibram sole.

Regardless of what shoes you wear, unless you have a preevisting injury or a misplaced nerve, you should fix your form to avoid long term issues.
  • JayDavila
    JayDavila Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Regardless of what shoes you wear, unless you have a preevisting injury or a misplaced nerve, you should fix your form to avoid long term issues.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I think this is very true.. Also with wearing VFF's I think people need to remember that there is going to be a period of adjustment for your feet and muscles
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I have a pair. I used to wear them running and I wore them when I was doing Insanity. The jumping along with my high arches messed up one of my feet so I can't wear them running any more because I need more cushion and I have a special thing that I have to wear under my toes.

I do like them though. They make good boat and water shoes.

Just be aware of what ^^^ she says.
    I also have high arches, and broke my heel running in Vibrams (a pretty large c-shaped fracture). With high arches, your foot never flattens all the way to the ground w/your steps, so the force is distributed into the other parts of your feet. No matter what your technique, this can spell injury for some when there's no cushion to absorb that shock.

I love how they feel, and I've worn them for other things (walking, non-impact stuff). But I'm not going to run in them again.

Well then these should work great for me, I'm completely flat footed!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options

Get ready, I've read some commenting that they starting getting arches once their feet got stronger from barefoot activities.
  • Greytfish
    Options

Get ready, I've read some commenting that they starting getting arches once their feet got stronger from barefoot activities.

These work great if you have feet and don't blame the shoes for bad form and improper conditioning - and it doesn't matter if you have high or low arches.

People with high arches especially do TMTS and get hurt because high arch feet are more forgiving at first. PEople with flat feet expereince pain and calf tightness sooner, so have a bit more difficulty actually overdoing it.