WHy I follow a low fat raw vegan diet

Options

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    You will come to realize that food is nourishment for your body, just as love, and sleep, and peace of mind. You will want to nourish your body more and more everyday, and with each day, you will see it blossom into something beautiful. This is what comes from eating clean living food, and this is why I strive to stay crude!

I don't know. I think food is probably more like sex ... the dirtier, the better.
  • nje444
    nje444 Posts: 62
    Options
    cliffs for anyone interested:

OP did dukan diet, lost some weight, decided high protein was bad for her
    started vegan diet, regularly went drinking with friends and ate french fries, nachos, and all things delicious (except meat and cheese)
    met the banana girl at some festival and decided to dump all her friends and stop drinking
    now eats high carb, low fat, and freaks out when she goes to Chipotle

pretty sure that covers it

love this! lets be friends! :-P
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All I can say is hummus with no olive oil isn't hummus.
    My mouth is a desert just thinking about that.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    psychosomatic baseless dietary elitism

I actually read it, so, answer this question please.

Did you alienate all your friends in search of new like minded individuals? And by like minded I mean people who obsess about dietary needs and fitness. You seemed like you said thats what you were setting out to do.

Id never abandon my friends because of how they choose to live their life (within reason). Thats just low.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Who else scrolled down the story straight to the comments? :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    TL;DR sorry, but making Tolstoy jealous. And I thought I saw the word rat in the title...apologies.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    TL;DR

Love meat, hate soy, and love killing *kitten* to eat.
  • Levesque_7
    Options
    no thank you. I will continue to hang out with my same friends, eat what I want, drink what I want, and refrain from labeling any foods as "good" or "bad". I will do all of those things while still losing weight and feeling great. I can't imagine the stress you must go through on a day to day basis with those kind of restrictions and what it must be like to feel so guilty after a 555 calorie meal from Chipotle.

I'm happy you're so happy but... again, no thank you. good luck with everything.

This^^ No foods are "good" or "bad" or "dirty" or "clean", everything in moderation. i think it's silly to feel guilty for having fun with friends. And there are other things to do besides drink and eat with friends. You only have one life, live it up!
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I wanted to share with you all a little bit about my dietary lifestyle. While I don’t let a label define who I am, my food choices fall into the high raw low fat vegan category... etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc., etc.

Here is the real point of this post.

Translation - I want more hits on my blog!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    no thank you. I will continue to hang out with my same friends, eat what I want, drink what I want, and refrain from labeling any foods as "good" or "bad". I will do all of those things while still losing weight and feeling great. I can't imagine the stress you must go through on a day to day basis with those kind of restrictions and what it must be like to feel so guilty after a 555 calorie meal from Chipotle.

I'm happy you're so happy but... again, no thank you. good luck with everything.

This^^ No foods are "good" or "bad" or "dirty" or "clean", everything in moderation. i think it's silly to feel guilty for having fun with friends. And there are other things to do besides drink and eat with friends. You only have one life, live it up!

I think that's the problem here - and why this post maybe rubbed me the wrong way. It's clear from past diet and drinking habits that the OP cannot handle anything in moderation. It's all or nothing with her so it's easier for her cut everything out, rather than make an attempt at building a moderate, healthy relationship with food and drink. Much like a recovering alcoholic can't even have one beer without falling off the wagon.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    This is fascinating to me because I really want to start a vegan diet with a lot of raw foods. When I load up on the vegetables, my body feels better. I am curious to see how I feel when I cut out everything else. I might like it, I might hate it, but I won't know until I try~
    I have been vegetarian/pescatarian for five years and it has been great, and I finally feel ready to take it a step further. I'm currently finishing off the last of the animal products in my pantry and from now on I will be vegan! Yay!

Thank you for sharing your story ^__^
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    TL DR

Whatever works for you.

get-down-with-your-bad-self-L-1tPHgr.png
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Op~sounds like your setting, if not already, a eating disorder, but anyways good luck with that.:flowerforyou: I will keep doing what I am doing, see ticker below, cause it's working. :drinker:
  • smaugish
    smaugish Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Holy triggering-food-is-the-devil-control-control-control post Batman!

Seriously OP, while I'm happy that you (seem to be) happy, as so many posters before me have posted- woah. I know raw vegans. They still hang out with the rest of us and don't think food is bad and evil and all that jazz.
  • moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    what are visual migraine auras?
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you've found something that you love. However, I've found the same bliss and satisfaction in all the foods you deem evil. There is no need for everyone to label foods the way you do. There are no good or bad. Foods are what you make of them, in the context of a balanced diet, all foods processed or not, are perfectly fine.

+1

I'm healthy, happy and I'm eating the foods that I like. This is something I can do for the rest of my life :drinker:
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I think the real problem with this thread is that someone tried to imply 5 martinis is too much.

hell-naw.gif.pagespeed.ce._CmKsTefF6.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I think the real problem with this thread is that someone tried to imply 5 martinis is too much.

That would be me! And I'm a drinker.

5 martinis (usually a double shot pour) is the better part of a bottle of vodka or gin. Drink nearly a whole bottle 5 times a week and no wonder she wasn't feeling well.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options

That would be me! And I'm a drinker.

5 martinis (usually a double shot pour) is the better part of a bottle of vodka or gin. Drink nearly a whole bottle 5 times a week and no wonder she wasn't feeling well.

Mmmm, martinis...
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Haha great point - I was just kidding around :flowerforyou:

...altho 5 martinis is pregame :laugh: :wink: