Ugh what to do in this situation?

Options
2»

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    You could just partake in moderation, and have it fit in your limits for the day.

That's what I would do.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have several food intolerances so I actually can't eat a lot of what is offered in social situations. I don't care to have to explain myself every time so I do as the other posters have suggested and just say, "I'm good, thanks." No one has ever questioned me or demanded I eat the pizza even if they don't know what my off limits foods are. If they ever did I'd probably ask them if they were the food police or something. Who cares what they think of what you're eating or not?
  • uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    "I ate right before I came"

Giggity.

:laugh:
  • xero2099
    xero2099 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always eat before going out and meeting up with friends, and they have no issues with it. as far as having a drink or two while your there if you budget for it no problems at all
  • mebepiglet123
    mebepiglet123 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    According to your profile. You have nothing to lose. Drink the beer eat the pizza, then exercise it off....
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm sure y'all are right. I need to work on not giving so much thought about what people think!

^^^ this - and what's wrong with actually eating before you go. this way you are not tempted to even try the pizza. i'm all for enjoying a beer while out with friends so if this was me i'd eat before i went out and i would have a beer while bowling. enjoy your friend and your friend's friends. don't worry - i bet if you let them know you ate before because you are trying to eat healthy someone will chime in they're doing the same thing or on a diet.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am a recovering alcoholic and when I first got sober I used to worry about what people would think if I was not drinking. It did not take long for me to realize people did not care if I was drinking or not, or if they did, they typically had a problem with alcohol.

I worried because I was the one that was judgmental about such things. Once I got over my own head and did not care what others did or said, or what they thought of me, life was much easier.

And BTW, there is absolutely nothing wrong with saying "I do not eat or drink those things". 9 times out of 10 the only person that is going to take issue with it are the ones that really wish they had the will power to do something about their diet.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    I would still go if I liked their company. I would still not each the crap though. that happens to me all the time when I go out w/friends or are with family. they are in awe of my discipline
  • ladyengineer
    ladyengineer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I second the eat before you go. you can also bring a bottle of water to sip on so you aren't just standing around. If you are really pushed, accept the pizza and pick the veggies off of it :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm sure y'all are right. I need to work on not giving so much thought about what people think!

I think it's totally natural You've gotten some good advice. You could also just say you're tummy has been feeling a little 'squirrely' all day and you don't think pizza is a good idea right now.