What to do with Marshmellow Fluff?

Options

Replies

• KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    MMMMMMM Tried thr nutty flutters mmmmmm thanks!!
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    getting back to the topic.....

I like to add mine to some cool whip and it makes a GREAT fruit dip.

and YES I know cool whip isn't all that great for you either, but I still enjoy it, and I feel I'm a big girl and can make my own choices! Just thought I'd throw that in cos I know someone will mention it....:ohwell:
    You go girl!!! Right on not everyone can be perfect :)
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    I eat it right off the spoon.......................mmmmmm!
    Great idea! Wonderful way to curb a sweet craving with less calories!! Thanks!!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

and YES I know cool whip isn't all that great for you either, but I still enjoy it, and I feel I'm a big girl and can make my own choices! Just thought I'd throw that in cos I know someone will mention it....:ohwell:
    You go girl!!! Right on not everyone can be perfect :)

sigh. :noway: it's not about being perfect, it's about encouraging one another to make good choices.
    If I asked "hey guys what can I do with lard?" you'd remind me that it is CRAP and bad for me(...I hope), not give me ways to use it. Marshmallow fluff is unhealthy because it is junk food, and we are here to help one another. I'd be doing you a disservice if I lead you to believe it is a food that fits into a weight-loss goal.

Toss it out and eat an apple. :flowerforyou:
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Mix it into your pancake batter!

That sounds sooooo good!!

And I can honestly say that in my weight loss journey, I have not deprived myself of any junk food of any kind. If I want chocolate, or ice cream I will eat it and I won't be judged for it. I understand why we are here, but if someone has decided to buy something that THEY would like to indulge in, why be negative about it? Everyone knows marshmallow fluff it's a piece of fruit, but if she would like to have some, who are we to tell her not to? If it concerns others so much, then maybe they should jump over to another thread and leave this one alone.

Maybe that's just my opinion, but I love this site for the positive comments, not to be told what I should and should not do. :ohwell:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    it's about information, not judgment. There are lots of new members who truly do not have a good education on what is and isn't healthy.

If you ask the question, you'll get the answer. It isn't as though someone went into the food diary and started this thread "OMG someone ate junk food!".

She asked, many volunteered answers. Some answers were in favor of eating it, some weren't. Just because I question the wisdom of buying marshmallow fluff if weight loss is the goal does not mean I am sitting in judgment of someone who does.

But facts are facts. Eating a product that is high sugar, high fructose corn syrup and little to no nutrition is not going to move you closer to a weight loss goal. Sorry.

I wouldn't be doing her a favor by endorsing "fluffer nutter" sandwiches.
  • shena67420
    shena67420 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I put a very thin coating of it on rice cakes.
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Toss it out and eat an apple. :flowerforyou:

That is the best suggestion I have read!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry if my original response came across as judgmental. I honestly didn't intend it that way. I'm far from perfect, but after a year of being on this site, tracking my food and finally "getting it" - I realize that I feel like crap when I eat stuff like this. I don't believe in depriving myself, but I *don't* feel deprived when I don't eat this stuff. I used to eat this kind of thing way too often, but over the past year I've started listening to my body and educating myself, and I realize that anything that has corn syrup as the primary ingredient isn't something my body wants inside of it.

If anyone's interested, here are the ingredients in Original Marshmellow Fluff (from their website): Corn Syrup, Sugar Syrup, Dried Egg Whites and Vanillin.

Would having a little bit of it once in a very great while hurt me? Probably not. Would having a jar of it in my house be a temptation to eat too much of something that has no nutritional value and makes me feel bad? Yes. I just thought I'd introduce another perspective, because it's people who did that for me who helped me to change my eating habits for the better. Some treats are fine in moderation, but some things I'm better off just cutting out of my life.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    I'd be doing you a disservice if I lead you to believe it is a food that fits into a weight-loss goal.

what a completely silly thing to say. of course marshmellow fluff fits into a weight-loss goal... in moderation.

does a cookie fit into a weigh-loss goal? of course! in moderation. does yogurt with artifical sugar and flavors fit into a weight-loss goal? of course. that is what most people eating yogurt consume. does a s'more fit into a weight-loss goal? of course! i've had several this summer and enjoyed them immensely.

is marshmellow fluff a product that you want to eat everyday? of course not. is it a product with nutritional value? nope. but to suggest that it can NOT be eaten during a weight-loss regime is a disservice to the intent of the post. the general science understanding of 'calorie in versus calories out' dispells that.

perhaps you meant that is is a food that should not be eaten because the poster is trying to become 'healthy'. even if that is true, 'health' is not the only reason to eat something. enjoyment of food is important too.

it is okay to enjoy sugary, crappy, processed food on occassion. (and you CAN still lose weight doing it!)
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Kudos to all of you that actually answered the question "what to make with fluff" for all of those who had negative comments - "Shame on you" This was not a thread that asked the question "Is fluff bad for you". She just truly wanted some advice on how to use it! If you want to give your negative opinion, find a Post that actually asks for it!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all of you that actually answered the question "what to make with fluff" for all of those who had negative comments - "Shame on you" This was not a thread that asked the question "Is fluff bad for you". She just truly wanted some advice on how to use it! If you want to give your negative opinion, find a Post that actually asks for it!
    Hi everyone. I am hoping for some guidanance, I recently purchased some marsh mellow fluff, So far the only use I found for it was adding it to a fruit salad instead of marshmellows and it was very good. I bought it because I noticed in a lot of people's food diarys but now that I have it I can not figure out what people do with it. Please give me some ideas dearest Fitness Pal Family if you don't mind!!!
    I believe the comments from the OP were actually : "I'm looking for some guidance.." "Please give me some ideas dearest Fitness Pal Family if you don't mind!!!"

Last I knew it was an open forum where all could share their thoughts, and that is what each person responding did, in one fashion or another:flowerforyou: Shame on us?:laugh: Since when is speaking the truth in how we view it something to be ashamed of? We all have our opinions, I don't particularly think a jar of whipped fluff is all that healthy.

Marshmallow Fluff
    Ingredients
    Corn Syrup, Sugar, Dried Egg White, Vanillin.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 tbsp
    Servings Per Container 25
    Amount Per Serving Calories 60 % Daily Value* Total Fat 0 g Sodium 10 mg0% Total Carbohydrate 15 g5% Sugars 9 g Protein 0 g0% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    Yes, shame on all of the negative thoughts...............and I would not have posted anything on here except for the fact that the person who posted this is a very wonderful and dedicated person and all of the negative posts REALLY bothered her. She just wanted ideas to use her new found product as she needed guidance for its use. I am sure that she is intelligent enough to know that it is sugar!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yes, shame on all of the negative thoughts...............and I would not have posted anything on here except for the fact that the person who posted this is a very wonderful and dedicated person and all of the negative posts REALLY bothered her. She just wanted ideas to use her new found product as she needed guidance for its use. I am sure that she is intelligent enough to know that it is sugar!
    You're talking about judgement?.:huh:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I may be the odd man out here... but I'd get rid of it. It's highly processed and pretty much pure sugar, and our body doesn't need stuff like that. There are so many other delicious and healthy treats that you could be having!

I don't get this either... why would anyone who is trying to eat healthier and lose weight even buy it? :huh:

I agree with both of these posts... Not sure why it would be intentionally put on anyone's grocery list who wants to lose weight and eat more healthfully- especially when it's something they've never really bought before. I don't see this as negative feedback. She asked what to do with it, and our answer is "Throw it away!" :tongue:
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I may be the odd man out here... but I'd get rid of it. It's highly processed and pretty much pure sugar, and our body doesn't need stuff like that. There are so many other delicious and healthy treats that you could be having!

Gotta kinda agree with what this person said!!
    IF u r going to eat it only eat a lil bit at a time..
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    I'd be doing you a disservice if I lead you to believe it is a food that fits into a weight-loss goal.

what a completely silly thing to say. of course marshmellow fluff fits into a weight-loss goal... in moderation.

does a cookie fit into a weigh-loss goal? of course! in moderation. does yogurt with artifical sugar and flavors fit into a weight-loss goal? of course. that is what most people eating yogurt consume. does a s'more fit into a weight-loss goal? of course! i've had several this summer and enjoyed them immensely.

is marshmellow fluff a product that you want to eat everyday? of course not. is it a product with nutritional value? nope. but to suggest that it can NOT be eaten during a weight-loss regime is a disservice to the intent of the post. the general science understanding of 'calorie in versus calories out' dispells that.

perhaps you meant that is is a food that should not be eaten because the poster is trying to become 'healthy'. even if that is true, 'health' is not the only reason to eat something. enjoyment of food is important too.

it is okay to enjoy sugary, crappy, processed food on occassion. (and you CAN still lose weight doing it!)

Thanks so so much very well put I was starting to feel unloved and unappriciated This was actually a one time thing for fun and I have learned personally if I do not have anything bad especially at my TOM I binge eat but I can just have a little and get through it. Thank you for your love and support. I feel like less of a loser now.:wink::laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :tongue:
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options

Thanks for your support Like I told the other poster I feel more loved and less like a loser now YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :wink:
  • KimbersNewLife
    Options
    Thanks so much you are correct I do know that it is sugar. I did not say HEY LISTEN UP EVERYONE I BOUGHT MARSHMALLOW FLUFF today, tell me your thoughts please and I a totally loser and and idot LOL Thanks for your support :laugh: :wink: :happy: :tongue: :drinker: :drinker:
  • starheart24
    Options
    1 jar of marshmellow fluff, 1 package softened cream cheese (regular or fat-free). mix.

it is the most amazing fruit dip!

try it with strawberries, pineapple, blueberries, apples, anything. you will <3 it. yum!

I tried this dip and it is YUMMY!!!!!!