So how's the ADOPT A NOOB program going? Updates?

Options

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have two that are doing awesome. Both started strength training, both are eating a reasonable amount. I couldn't be happier. (although I should probably check on them, I haven't been a very good mentor this week)

I have two that barely speak to me.

And I got two creepers who deleted me when they figured out I wasn't interested in that sort of thing.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I tried in the adopt-a-nood thread, but got nothing :/ *sigh*

Did you pm the available mentors or just post in the thread?
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I just got my noob today! I have a really good feeling about it. :)
  • sperlifts
    Options
    I have two that are doing awesome. Both started strength training, both are eating a reasonable amount. I couldn't be happier. (although I should probably check on them, I haven't been a very good mentor this week)

And I got two creepers who deleted me when they figured out I wasn't interested in that sort of thing.

Are you or anyone else that is experienced and knowledgable still taking people? Maybe I could replace one of the creepers, or one of the people that fell off the wagon.
    I'm looking for guidance, I like to eat and lift and I'm trying to lose at least 50lbs.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

Are you or anyone else that is experienced and knowledgable still taking people? Maybe I could replace one of the creepers, or one of the people that fell off the wagon.
    I'm looking for guidance, I like to eat and lift and I'm trying to lose at least 50lbs.

I'd be willing to help you if you're willing to learn and ask questions. And I'm not all that creepy. Well, mostly. Sometimes. Ok I am a bit, but I understand and respect boundaries.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I'd be willing to help you if you're willing to learn and ask questions. And I'm not all that creepy. Well, mostly. Sometimes. Ok I am a bit, but I understand and respect boundaries.

I know creepy.
    He is not it.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

I know creepy.
    He is not it.

YOU ARE RUINING MY STREET CRED!!! :angry:
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    actually I wouldn't mind being adopted.

I'm not new to working out and training but I have fallen off the bandwagon and I"m trying to get back on. I guess I wouldn't mind some real advice about how I'm going about it.

If anyone is willing to work with me.
  • callmestephanie
    callmestephanie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Adopt me! I'm technically not a "noob" since I joined a while ago but I wasn't really active until now. And I need help. T_T
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Well, my understanding of the AAN program was that it was meant to familiarize people with the tools of MFP and help them navigate the silliness that sometimes happens here, moreso than to coach people.

My two n00bs are great! One of 'em has totally found his footing with the logging and training and made contact with all the right people for his goals and is being real successful. The other one has also really hit her stride, has awesome workouts, is also seeing some great results and has done brilliantly adopting habits that seem like they're going to be really sustainable for her. I think they're both in it to win it (life, that is!).
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    most of my noobs have dropped off but I do have one who checks in regularly, is really cool, and is doing fantastic!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My noobs barely talk to me and haven't asked me as many questions as I had hoped. And I don't want to be a pompous *kitten* by offering unsolicited information or critiquing them.

This
  • mistress8956
    mistress8956 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Not a 'noob' but I wanna get adopted :flowerforyou:
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i adopted three, one more than i planned on.

one, i have a great connection with...he is rocking this and doing really well.

he's asked some questions and i've offered some tricks and tips here and there unsolicited. we message almost daily.

my second is doing well too, although i don't really hear from him too often, but he knows if he needs help or advice, i am here.

my third, i just picked up. crazy work week and i actually asked him to give me a few days to have things calm down.

think its a great little program.
  • shall1112
    Options
    My noobs barely talk to me and haven't asked me as many questions as I had hoped. And I don't want to be a pompous *kitten* by offering unsolicited information or critiquing them.

you should have said yes to me :wink:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

My noobs barely talk to me and haven't asked me as many questions as I had thought. And I don't want to be a pompous *kitten* by offering unsolicited information or critiquing them.
    ^this after the FIFM
    ...and I'm okay with that. I'm not surprised they got down to business fast judging by their initial PM's they were both ready to rock and roll and only had simple questions and didn't really need me at all. They were primed for the pump so to speak.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

I know creepy.
    He is not it.

YOU ARE RUINING MY STREET CRED!!! :angry:

Oh... Um... I had the wrong guy... Yeah... R_I_H is soooo creepy... Like Lurch but with a better *kitten*.

(Did I do that right?)
  • growtinymuscles
    growtinymuscles Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So what classifies someone as a "noob"?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    - 2,people that I'd say are successful or on their way - people with whom it has have been a pleasure to interact.
    - 1 that never answered my initial PM
    - a new person - I need to get the ball going
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I got a few new friends around that time - I was doing the AAN but I never posted in the official thread from Lemon.

Im still friends with 2 of them!
    They're logging.
    Amber and I got one to start SL5x5 but she's been sick (she posted earlier)
    And the other joined a creepy gym and had teeth ripped out recently lol