I need an intervention? my friends think so

Options
13»

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she totally edited that ... and she indicated at one point that even though she was sick she had to work because she needed to pay bills.

Sorry you guys came in late but she asked if she needed an intervention then flamed everyone who said that maybe she should look into it :)

She does give good advice, I actually asked her for a friend request (which she didn't accept) a few days ago.
    Sheesh you guys, she's gone, why go about a member that's chosen to leave for whatever reason?:flowerforyou:

The friend limit is 250 before you can no longer use your newfeed, she was on my budlist she shared just a short time ago she had over 75 friends waiting for an invite. So nothing she could do until a member dropped or became inactive so that's that. It's really out of a members hands ...250 friends is an MFP limit for every member, sure you can more but your newsfeed will quick working for you.

Is there really a need to continue to put down a member that's not even on MFP currently?:wink::flowerforyou: Sorta seems silly to just go on and on....:noway:
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    Hmmmmm....okay so you ask for an opinion but it seems when you don't get the opinion you want you have lashed out?

Seems kinda counterproductive to me, but to each her own.

Personally, if I were one of your students and you were sick I would go to the management and complain. Getting ME sick because YOU are sick is going to cause downtime and loss of wages for me.

IMO you don't need an intervention, but maybe a little common sense?

(I already know you won't like what I said above ... but you did ask the following question as your Topic: I need an intervention? my friends think so )

Well said.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options

I do need to add in, that the bug hit me about 20 minutes into my workout, it'snot like I dragged myself throwing up into the gym, I probably should have left, but I didn't, I knew it would increase my load tomorrow in the gym, since todays workout was a muscle killer.....just needed to edit because it did sound like I went in already sick...I was tired, and had a headache, but didn't think much of it at the time, just to get the record straight, cause everyone's gonna bust my a** on this one regardless! :laugh: and I always clean my machine...ALWAYS!

Whether or not you're a gym addict is really none of my business and has no affect on me one way or the other (except for the fact that I enjoy reading some of the stuff you write and think you sometimes have some good ideas). However, since it sounds like you're expecting it anyway, I feel obliged to comment on people that go to the gym when they know they're sick (or in this case, people that don't leave when they realize they are sick).

Simply put....DON'T DO IT! Even if you think you clean your equipment well enough to kill any germs that might get others sick as well, you probably don't. It's not very courteous. I'm not one of those germ freaks that's scared to go out in public for fear of catching something, but as a general rule I appreciate it when sick people try their best not to get others sick. Aside from that, if you're not feeling well then you're probably not working as hard so you're not getting the benefit from your workout that you normally would. You'd be better off letting your body heal and then hitting it hard again.
  • ShaneT99
    ShaneT99 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I should have read the entire thread before posting. I didn't realize this was pretty much a done deal and that I was repeated what several others have said.

Imagymrat - If you have indeed left them I'm sorry to see you go. As I mentioned above, I enjoyed reading your thoughts and ideas. I hope you return.