40 years and over

Options

Replies

• RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    40s is the new 20s no?

I'm 44, lost about 38ish lbs, & have been maintaining going on 2 yrs. :)
  • Arch799
    Arch799 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    43 this year...
  • luvdachs
    Options
    Nickizela wrote: »
    43...need to lose 43...& I want chocolate... :#

OMG! I L...O...V...E chocolate! It is my major downfall :'(
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I just turned 28 but i behave 52

Funny, I'm 43 but I behave 28. :)

OP - would love to have some 40-something friends to help keep me motivated. I'm a runner and a chocoholic.

• luvdachs
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I'm 47

and it's not more difficult - that's just because they assume your muscles has reduced from lack of use .. just build them up with effort and determination

I am fitter now than I've ever been

I feel 20 years younger than I did 8 months ago

if anything you have more willpower than ever before - who doesn't want to be as healthy as they possibly can be

good luck all

I defintely want to feel 20 years younger! I got a Nutri Ninja for Christmas and have been making great use of it!
  • luvdachs
    Options
    I am almost 37 does that count?

Sure it counts!
  • golfnut1972
    Options
    luvdachs wrote: »
    I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:
    Just joined today trying to lose 45 pounds by May 25th need all the help I can get.

• DiChic74
    DiChic74 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I'm 40 and looking to lose weight for the first time in my life (about 20 lbs leftover from baby....my baby is now 5!!! Ackkk!!!) Would love help and support from others!
  • luvdachs
    Options
    luvdachs wrote: »
    I'm looking for some 40-years and older crowd to keep in contact with, share goals, motivate, etc. I know that losing weight after 40 is much more difficult than when we were younger and I would love to get some inside ideas that may help speed it up a little bit! :wink:
    Just joined today trying to lose 45 pounds by May 25th need all the help I can get.

Sounds like we are on the same train! Hope we can help each other :)
  • luvdachs
    Options
    nolakris wrote: »
    I'm 40 and have about 20 left to lose. I've gotten rid of almost 60 already.

Good job!
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    45 and 1/2!
    I feel great and run like the wind!
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 42 this weekend and have about 40 lbs to lose. I'm a consistent tracker, have an open diary and am reliable. Feel free to add me.
  • mkveli2pac
    mkveli2pac Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Turned 40 last May been on MFP for nearly 3 years now and I haven't made any friends, maybe I should start, so yeah I will be your friend. Let me know what questions I can answer for you.

BTW anyone else wanting to be friends, please contact me.
  • yolanda5699
    yolanda5699 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Will be 45 this year and wanting to lose at least 80lbs. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Memaw2angels
    Memaw2angels Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Trying to get focus before hitting the big 50!! Hoping for some motivation! I just got a FitBit and have a couple friends with them, so with any luck...
  • Chillon1
    Chillon1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am turning 45 in a couple of weeks and I feel a mess. I don't feel driven like I once did. I am looking for recipes that are low carb and sugar free.
  • dawnie1174
    Options
    Just turned 40 in November. Just 4 days in to MFP. Need to lose 25-30 lbs. feel free to add me the more the merrier.
  • fatshaneslimmer
    fatshaneslimmer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello - I hit 40 this year and have made a new years resolution to get to my ideal weight by Christmas. I have about 50 lbs to shift, I am fed up with clothes feeling tight and my 3 little girls poking my belly! Have signed up for the London Marathon on 26 April and i'm tracking my calories with MFP. Would welcome some support from others in a similar situation!
    -
  • fitzymic
    fitzymic Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone iv just turned 40 feel free to add me.