40 years and over

Options

Replies

• craftgab
    craftgab Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 47 5'7 and weigh 189 and I would love to lose 40 pounds but I've only set myself to a reachable goal right now to lose 20 lbs. I would love to share so feel free to add me as a friend. I'm up for the challenge are you?
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I will be turning 40 on Sunday. Where did the years go?!? Heck, I remember when I thought 30 was old!! I started MFP back in November and am down a little over 20 pounds though I have a lot more to lose. :neutral_face: Anyone feel free to add me! I log every day, keep an open diary and enjoy meeting new friends!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i've started this when I was 41, now that I'm almost 44. I'm feeling great, I can jump as high when I was in my early 20s. And do pull UPS when I was in my teens. I'm sexually active too, similar on when I was on my 30's though, I think I'm not that excited anymore. One advise though, the idea is not to rush it, don't try to make it any faster but focus on small, daily change and learning. Try to integrate these to your life style
  • TessVladyka
    Options
    Hey there! New to this site ... Still trying to figure out how to navigate around here! I too belong to the fabulous 40's...im a work in progress! Looking to meet people that motivate eachother n share all that comes with living healthy!
  • Nickizela
    Nickizela Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    15 days & going. Vegas in April...need to lose 15...(goal is to lose around 30) but my first goal is 15!!! Baby steps...I find it difficult to stay motivated. Encouraging words r welcomed...
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    At almost 41 I am in better shape than I was in my 20's
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    hello my fellow 40 somethings....I will be 45 shortly....like tuesday :) I welcome all to become friends
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,539 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I louvdachs,
    I'm nearly 41 and lost nearly 13kg/28.6lbs since being here. Just want to give you a heads up and tell you it is possible! I'm currently trying to lose a bit more as my BMI of 22.x is still in the upper part of healthy. Lets see if I can go down a little bit more.

Oh, and I'm the fittest and strongest at the moment that I've ever been.
  • cheekychopsmfp
    cheekychopsmfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi MellowGa
    Wishing you a Happy Birthday! Hope you're not celebrating with cake lol! I'm nearer 50 than 40...like in eleven months! Don't want to be fat & 50 and going all inclusive to Mexico in August so want to lose 28lbs so here goes! Good luck with your weight loss
  • ToddPa12
    ToddPa12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Reaching for 45 here, and would be happy to add people as my friends. I need all the motivation during the Winter months that I can get!
  • version45
    version45 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just turned 45 and never felt better...the biggest change from the 40s is really lack of time! Would welcome any friends to commiserate.
  • TessVladyka
    Options
    Im not finding this site very user friendly.... With that being said it could be me im not that tech savy lol
    Im trying to add people and not having any luck
  • dln1975
    dln1975 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi Tess, if you just click on a profile picture it should bring you to the member's profile page. There should then be a green button that says "send a message" and another green button that says "add as friend." Just click the "add as friend" and you should be good to go. :smile:
  • ChristineCMatthews2015
    Options
    44 and more to loose than I care to admit, but I am tired of not liking what I see in the mirror. Could use some support and would love to support others.
  • Chakrachic7
    Chakrachic7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    48 and determined to be fabulous at 50! I have another 70lbs to go and would love to visit and share this journey with others.
  • charlesdphillips3
    Options
    I am 45... and have a 6 year old son. I got to lose 30 lbs and get more fit to be able and not hold him back. I am finally starting to get more accountable on here. before I would log on for 3-4 days then disappear and wake up in a hotel room surrounded by little Debbie wrappers 3 days later. ( not really that bad but it felt like it) can use all the encouragement I can get
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have lost a little over 30 lbs. Still have about 30-45 lbs to go. Anyone can feel free to add me. Just include a note telling me a little about yourself!
  • joannanewman580
    joannanewman580 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I was coming up to 40 I kept telling myself to get fit so I could be 40 and fabulous , but it took me a little longer to get it together. Soooo in March I will be turning 42 and have just reached goal. 42 and I feel healthy and fabulous :)
  • AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and with 30lbs gone I've got 80 to go. I'm looking for more of us 40Somethings to have fun with. Just send me a note saying hi with the fr.
  • hellybelle1
    hellybelle1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    hi i'm 40 soon, so in the club!! would love friends from my generation :) feel free to add me for motivation and friendly support!!