How weird are you? Pet peeves/phobias/oddities you do?

Options
FoxBean
FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
Should be interesting :happy:

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves: Folk who drop litter **** me off!

Phobias: I'm scared of ladybirds

Oddities: I can't blow my nose (it makes my ears pop)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve - people who chomp gum, people who I can smell their perfume across the room

Phobia - don't have any. I don't like heights, but they don't terrify me

Oddities - I cannot look down out of a window at night. Just will not do it
  • FoxBean
    FoxBean Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve: People snorting their noses, skin scratching

Phobia: Terrified of all insects, even dragonflies and ladybugs

Oddities: I have weird sensitivities to certain sounds, textures, and visual stuff like people picking at cuticles
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve: People who are late.
    Phobia: Snakes, spiders and "slow" heights; I can jump out of an airplane or go zip lining but ferris wheels scare the crap out of me!
    Oddities: (superstition?) The pillow on the ambulance cot has to be opening down or there will be a cardiac arrest that day. (Believe, it happens every damn time!)
  • PatheticNoetic
    PatheticNoetic Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve: people who eat with their mouth open, when the kitchen counter hasn't been cleaned off.
    Phobia: spiders and bears freak me out.
    Oddities: i know what it's like to be in an underwater explosion.
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is noisy eaters: slurpers, open mouth eaters, people that talk with their mouthful, loud chewers. God it's revolting.

I am arachnophobic. Absolutely lose control around spiders. I was pretty pleased with myself yesterday, stood very close to a red knee tarantula on the handlers hand at London Zoo :)
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve: Rude people really bother me. There is no call for it. I don't care how ****ty your day has been. We all have crap to deal with.

Phobia: Nothing really. Not particularly scared of anything. Don't really like spiders. Used to be terrified of sharks but I don't meet them that often so I've kinda outgrown that one.

Oddities: I'm not that fond of cardboard. I don't mind touching it or carrying a box but when I have to break it down and put it in the bin the sound of it scraping against my nails gives me shivers. Like nails on a chalkboard. Is that weird?
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is noisy eaters: slurpers, open mouth eaters, people that talk with their mouthful, loud chewers. God it's revolting.

I am arachnophobic. Absolutely lose control around spiders. I was pretty pleased with myself yesterday, stood very close to a red knee tarantula on the handlers hand at London Zoo :)

Apparently I do your pet peeve. :P
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve: Tardiness or disorganised people
    Phobia: Heights (problematic as I work as a surveyor in the construction industry and have to climb scaffolds etc)
    Oddities: I have mild OCD with numbers (nature of my job), for example today is day 872 in a row of logging in on MFP lol
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Peeve: people being all about themselves! People who can't drive! (How did some of them get their license???)

Phobia: blood test (the thought of having to have one makes me cry)! Scared of falling from height.

Oddities: I am 100% scottish but sound as English as you could get !
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeve: People walking slowly while blocking the whole sidewalk.
    Phobia: So many. Some of the weirder ones are space and saliva.
    Oddities: I have OCD so I have a bunch. I NEED ice cubes in my drink, but only if it's the right type (ice goes in chocolate milk but never in plain milk) and I spin on the landing of stairs to keep myself from making a full turn so that I stay in the same rotation.
  • nikki0753
    nikki0753 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    pet peeves: Unnecessarily rude people, people that look down on others.
    Phobias: Bee's, Dogs
    Oddities: The feel of cotton wool makes me shiver and weirdly hurts my teeth!!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Peeve: Loud eaters and whistlers - ironically my husband does both of these! :love:

Phobia: Having my blood taken, dentist (the smell of the place breaks me out into a sweat) and garden worms.

Oddities: I have a weird gag relflex and cant eat certain lumpy foods (rice pudding is the top of the list) or foods with certain textures, felt so sorry for my friend who offered me jelly as a pudding!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Peeve: Cyclists who don't have lights or follow the highway code and people who have no manners

Phobia: Heights

Oddities: I have OCD and one of the things I have to do is tap on the front door four times before I leave the house.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Peeve: disrespectful, abusive or demeaning behavior (imagine the chicks on Bridezillas) :angry:

Phobia: emetophobia - intense irrational fear of nausea and vomiting (feeling nausea can cause me to panic for fear that I might have to vomit - which is strangely traumatic for me.) It's not just uncomfortable for me, it's terrifying. :sick:

Oddity: being emetophobic :frown:
  • CharlieB145
    Options
    Peeve: OMG I hate when people yawn (around me) I give them warnings if your yawning around me
    1. Your tired (so go home and go to sleep)
    2. I'm boring you (so get from around me)
    3. Your rude (because I have warned you)

Phobia: Mice (rodents in general) I don't even like squirrels.

Oddity: Something wet if I don't know why its wet and wear it came from, Like a wet seat would freak me out.
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves: rude service staff, people who complain about things in their lives but don't make any changes to improve what's wrong,

Phobias: turbulence on planes, large spiders, saliva

Oddity: I can't touch brick or terracotta without wanting to vomit. It's something about the texture
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Peeve: OMG I hate when people yawn (around me) I give them warnings if your yawning around me
    1. Your tired (so go home and go to sleep)
    2. I'm boring you (so get from around me)
    3. Your rude (because I have warned you)

Words fail me. I cannot even begin to describe how ridiculous this is.
  • dianniejt
    dianniejt Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Pet Peeves- people who stand around at work and watch others do their job, people sleeping on my couch, loud chewers

phobias- anything creepy and/or crawly, heights, heavy traffic, using public bathrooms

oddities- I have number issues (everything is assigned a number in my head and everything that happens has to work out to that number) I also work in a factory packaging bottles of vitamins so everything has to be perfect 12s (I make other people want to shoot me)
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Pet peeves: People who chew really loadly :noway:

Phobias: Heights ... more falling from them.:sick:

Oddities: I like things to be at right angles/lined up/perpendicular to other things (OCD maybe??:blushing: ) i.e my desk draw, closet etc etc. Odd I know lol.
    :flowerforyou: