The restroomworkout

Options

Replies

• firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    How should I log all this activity?

Change your activity level simply :) That's what I did because I can't put on my Polar FT7 belt and watch just to check the few calories I burn ^^

Oh okay! I poop like, a LOT. Should I go for moderately active?
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into the mindset that squats are useless unless I do them with weights, ...

That's a myth that a lot of lifters believe. Try squatting on one leg, or try Pistol Squats? Now do you feel it?

Just tried the one leg squat...much better! I try to do wall sits when I think of them as well. For some reason, I can do bodyweight squats like a beast, but wall sits are a killer for me.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options

The most accurate method would be to use a heart rate monitor.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone also does 5 squats each time they use the restroom ^^

It sure is a blessing for your butt and legs :)

Stay fit

Jennifer
    No. Since I'm not in a coma, I get up from sitting in a chair so many times a day that this would be only a tiny fraction more activity. This seems about as useful as marching in place while sitting on the toilet.
  • jayliospecky
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone also does 5 squats each time they use the restroom ^^

Stay fit

Jennifer
    No. Since I'm not in a coma, I get up from sitting in a chair so many times a day that this would be only a tiny fraction more activity. This seems about as useful as marching in place while sitting on the toilet.

Pfft. That's why they make those treadtoilets. And toiletbicycles. Get into the current century, dude.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    So five body weight squats every 2-3 hours, then?

You can drink more water if you want to up the intensity. I pee about every hour.
  • jayliospecky
    Options

You can drink more water if you want to up the intensity. I pee about every hour.

If I really make the effort I can go multiple times per hour. But it takes dedication.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

If I really make the effort I can go multiple times per hour. But it takes dedication.

I feel like you're challenging me to a contest.

GAME ON.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

You've got the bladder of a girl
  • jayliospecky
    Options

I feel like you're challenging me to a contest.

GAME ON.

Okay, but I have to warn you, I think I have a genetic advantage. I come from a long line of frequent pee-ers.
  • tammyjane42
    Options
    I do 20 every time I go I started it about 2 weeks ago. :smile:
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea! Back in my 20's I worked in a small office where it was me and one other lady that shared the women's bathroom. I left hand weights in there and would do arm exercises everytime I had to go. My arms were in the best shape!

I think I will start doing this again! Thanks for the reminder! :smile:
  • rhoule76
    rhoule76 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I do 10 each time I go to the bathroom. I drink at least 96 oz of water/day, so I go often! Hahaha
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options

Stay fit

Jennifer

I started with 5 and then after a few weeks started upping it. I'm up to 10 now and if no one is arounds, I'll do "pushups" on the sink too. I love it!! If I got the the bathroom just 7 times in a day, that's 70 squats and pushups! It doesn't take much!
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If you use The runtastic squat app and its linked to mfp it will log your squats as a cardio activity of calestnics and give you an estimated calorie burn for the few minutes it takes you.
  • victoriousO
    victoriousO Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great idea, I will add it to my others, like when I need to get out of a chair I sit and get up 5 times or when I need to go up or down stairs, I travel them 2 times before I land:)) Every little thing helps!!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Stay fit

Jennifer

No cause when I do squats there is typically over 150lbs on my back
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options

Change your activity level simply :) That's what I did because I can't put on my Polar FT7 belt and watch just to check the few calories I burn ^^

Oh okay! I poop like, a LOT. Should I go for moderately active?
    I think the appropriate answer to this is: You're probably not pooping as much as you think. Take the scale...be accurate. :laugh:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    If I did squats at the urinal I think I would get arrested. What if you hold it all day, isn't that like an isometric exercise and a killer burn?
  • dncyng
    dncyng Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    under the strength you could do 1 set five reps. then just add how many sets you did thrrough out the day