The restroomworkout

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    No cause when I do squats there is typically over 150lbs on my back
    Indeed. Taking in a 7' bar with 300lb of total weight everytime I needed to relieve myself would get irksome.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone also does 5 squats each time they use the restroom ^^

It sure is a blessing for your butt and legs :)

Stay fit

Jennifer

But what if you tried them on one leg? Squatting with 150# on your back is a myth
  • Leisalynn84
    Leisalynn84 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I do 30! I started a few weeks ago when I was reading a thread on how to exercise when you have a desk job.
  • DavPul
    Options
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone also does 5 squats each time they use the restroom ^^

It sure is a blessing for your butt and legs :)

Stay fit

Jennifer
    No. Since I'm not in a coma, I get up from sitting in a chair so many times a day that this would be only a tiny fraction more activity. This seems about as useful as marching in place while sitting on the toilet.

Have you tried adopting a wide stance for your public toilet marching? I hear that's very effective for generating extra activity
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Indeed. Taking in a 7' bar with 300lb of total weight everytime I needed to relieve myself would get irksome.

Get a bathroom buddy system going with the biggest guy in your office, and just take turns sitting on each other's shoulders. Problem solved.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Have you tried adopting a wide stance for your public toilet marching? I hear that's very effective for generating extra activity
    [/quote]

LOL!!!
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    In for poop jokes.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,983 Member
    Options
    I hope you squat AFTER using the bathroom and not before. Otherwise, accidents are bound to happen.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    How should I log all this activity?

Change your activity level simply :) That's what I did because I can't put on my Polar FT7 belt and watch just to check the few calories I burn ^^

Oh okay! I poop like, a LOT. Should I go for moderately active?
    It's easy to overestimate! Are you weighing and measuring all your poops.
  • DavPul
    Options

Get a bathroom buddy system going with the biggest guy in your office, and just take turns sitting on each other's shoulders. Problem solved.

Great idea! I've seen that buddy method work fantastic on bench dips so there's no reason it wouldn't work with squats too

hnFyZ26.jpg
  • MoreBean13
    Options

Great idea! I've seen that buddy method work fantastic on bench dips so there's no reason it wouldn't work with squats too

hnFyZ26.jpg

Don't forget the classic donkey calf raise. Worked for Arnold.

dave%2Band%2Barnold.jpg
    in case you can't tell what's happening here....
    donkeyraises2.jpg
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Squats are great, but what are you doing for deadlifts?
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I'm going to start doing this.
  • mlbell1
    Options
    I do.:blushing: Only about 5-10...it depends on whether or not there are others in the restroom as well. At my job there are 5 stalls. So I do them in the stall. :)

I also do them in the elevator at work (when no one else in in the elevator of course). It is only one flight and sure the stairs are good exercise but I feel like holding a squat for 10-15 seconds (or doing 10-15squats) down and then up again is pretty good too. Sometimes I'm carrying some pretty heavy bags or drinks which only intensifies the effort. :happy:

Keep it up!!!
  • Spewze72
    Spewze72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hmm. There are only 3 stalls, and they're quite snug. I would literally have to squat over the toilet. I also tend to wear dresses.

The visual here is somewhat alarming.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Since we have one bathroom at work and it locks what do I have to lose right! I mean instead of admiring myself I could be doing squats instead. I do 50 in the morning anyway! I could always add more to the day :)
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    hmmm, I have been taking a trip to my bathroom upstairs instead of using the downstairs one all day to get in extra steps now I will add the squats and see what happens.I think every little bit helps :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

That's broscience.
  • MoreBean13
    Options

I regularly drop things on the floor and bend over and pick them up.

Others in the office seem to want to help, too. The men are always dropping pens and things on the floor and I always jump on the opportunity to get a few extra deadlifts in.
  • LGenaw
    LGenaw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! I am going to start doing this!