Runners: How cold is to cold?

Options
124»

Replies

• wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    I do not like running on days like this. Here is Pennsylvania it is 0 degrees F. I don't like winter to begin with but I've ran on days as cold as 20 F. It was last year's turkey trot.

20f is perfect!!!
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I have run as cold as like 35F and definitely will not run outside when it's any colder. I think it is mostly personal preference, but definitely dress for the weather. You wouldn't want to get frost bite anywhere just because you wanted to go outside for a run. I'm training for my 10K on the treadmill until it warms up more. I don't expect to get outside on a regular basis until March-ish. I live in Rochester, New York.

35 is great running weather!!!!! You don't hAve to worry about frostbite until much much colder.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I'm a wimp and I live in North Carolina. If it's below 45, I go to the gym and run on the treadmill. On the flip side, if it's over 75 and humid, I go to the gym and run on the treadmill.

45???? That's perfect!
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am a baby when it's cold out. I do live in southern Arizona though so it isn't cold very often. :smile: I don't like to run outdoors when it is below freezing.
  • wilsoje74
    Options
    I'm a sissy....lol...anything below 60 and I run indoors on the treadmill BUT I do run in up to 105 degree weather in the summer once the sun goes down or before it comes up. :-) :laugh:

So below 60 is too cold? That's a joke right?
  • Deadlay
    Deadlay Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It's too cold when your iPhone shuts down from the cold and you are a Runtastic user...
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I run in the cold but really depends on the wind and road conditions, probably about 20 degrees. Layering is essential. I won't run on snow or ice because it isn't worth getting injured. I much prefer running outside, even in the cold. Hate the treadmill but when it is icy or snowy than I'll go indoors.