Best concert you've ever been too?

Options

Replies

• Haltermania
    Haltermania Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Staind, Seether and Papa Roach or Staind, Shinedown, Chevelle (obviously I am a Staind fan so any concert with them is awesome)

I saw Staind in 2001 (I think) at a radio concert. By far and away one of the best concerts I've ever been to. They were amazing.

Every concert have been great in its own way. If I had to narrow it down, I'd say Staind, Pearl Jam, Third Eye Blind, and Yellowcard with Something Corporate have been my favorites.

Thats awesome you got to see them at a radio concert. Not speaking because I am a diehard fan but they are amazing live and if not better live then on the album. Its hard to find a good band that can play and sing as if they were on the album. I went and saw Stone Temple Pilots and I had to look at the tv screens to see that he was actually singing because I couldnt hear him...it was kinda disappointing.
  • BonecrusherBrews
    BonecrusherBrews Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just saw Reverend Horton Heat and Nekromantix last night! It was awesome! We got to center-stage at the fence. Great show.

Social Distortion was also a great show, probably my fav. Although I remember a Metallica show in the late 80's that was AMAZING.

Jimmy Buffett concerts are fun too, more like going to a day-long party.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    1. Dixie Chicks... I can't remember what concert was about 6 years ago, they were fantastic.
    2. Keith Urban... about 4 years ago... Went to the next one but it wasn't as good... didn't see the current one.
    3. And The Barenaked Ladies are always awesome, especially in a small venue. I've been to 3 of their concerts and always love them.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So many to choose from, but the top few are:

James with Orchestra of the Swan and Manchester Consort choir at Liverpool Philharmonic in 2011

Porcupine Tree at Radio City Music Hall in 2010

Roger Water doing The Wall at the MEN in 2011

But the best night ever was Prince at the O2, London in 2007 followed by the after-show party at Indigo2. A truly mind-blowing experience!
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Earth, Wind and Fire - By far the best and most fun!
  • Slaintegrl
    Slaintegrl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Celtic Thunder at the Fabulous Fox Theater in Atlanta, GA
    Irish Tenors - at 3 different venues
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    OzzFest '00...had killer seats at the main stage & it was the only time I ever saw Pantera play live (RIP Dimebag)
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Best so far was Metallica with Slayer, Anthrax, and Megadeth back in 2011.

And today I'm going to see The Eagles and it's going to be AWESOME!!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Ozzfest was awesome as well, although I cannot remember what year I went. Obviously, I was partying a lot back in those days. I cannot recall the year of these concerts offhand! lol.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    For the experience, California Jam in 1974 was one of my favorites. Rare Earth, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Eagles, Seals & Crofts, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and Emerson, Lake & Palmer played. It was a lot of fun. Went with three other Marines.

In 1976, I saw ZZ Top with Blue Oyster Cult, Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter & Rory Gallagher at Angel Stadium. That was a great concert too.

In total, I've been to over 800 concerts in my life. The very first one was in Fresno. BB King. The opening act was Janis Joplin.

The last one I went to was Sammy Hagar in August of 2013.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    1999 Family Value Tour.

I had won tickets, but they were seats (WTF?!). Fred Durst called for everyone in the seats to come down to the pit, and so we did... security couldn't do anything against the hoard of people rushing. Spent the rest of my time in the General Admission area moshing and crowd surfing.
  • pagraham1971
    pagraham1971 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Robert Plant Non Stop Go Tour 1988

Foo Fighters 2007

NIN 2008
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Rush 2011

Rush 2012

Honorable Mention: Aerosmith, Cheap Trick
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Prince- little man puts on a show!
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    The best concert I have ever been to was:
    The Big Sur Festival (1971)
    Joan Baez
    Blood, Sweat and Tears
    Kris Kristofferson
    Taj Mahal
    True Epic concert last for a three day weekend, I had just moved to the Montrey Bay area the month before from Wisconsin and it truely open my eyes to a different culture.

Best Band: Tommy James and the Shandells (Wisconsin State Fair 1969)

Worst concert was: Rolling Stones in Mannheim Germany in 1974. Was not the Stones fault, the acostics in the building were absolutely terrible! Billy Preston opened and played organ for the Stones.

(Editted for grammer and added best band)
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pearl Jam
    The Strokes
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Arcade Fire
  • DaneDillinger
    DaneDillinger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jay-Z, "I Declare War." There were only 2 shows- first one in NYC, then they came to Philly. This is the concert that he brought out Nas at the end. Seminal moment in hip hop.
  • BriskaLynn
    Options
    P!nk, Truth About Love. Minneapolis March of last year. If I didn't love her before... She's better in person. :love:
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So many concerts, it's hard to pick favs...

Rush - out of the 15 times I've seen them, the best was in the front row in Philly on the Snakes & Arrows tour.
    Sting - saw him at Radio City Music Hall on his first solo tour (Dream of the Blue Turtles). About 12 rows back. Just an amazing group of musicians on the stage - Omar Hakim, Branford Marasalis, Kenny Kirkland, etc. You can get a taste of it with his live album, Bring On the Night.
    U2 - seen them a few times, but the Unforgettable Fire tour was my favorite. Simple stage and lighting. Just the band playing.
    Springsteen - any show
    Keith Urban - great guitarist and an excellent show.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    It's a tie:

Santana in June 1981 in Madrid, Spain ( in my early 30's )

Santana in April 1987 in Berlin ( still a couple of years before the wall came down ) in my late 30's

Santana in April, 2000 in Tokyo ( in my early 50's)

and I am still a fan !